Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion

Can someone from IW or Activision please just clarify and give the official word on what the native resolution is for COD: Ghosts on XBox One?

This seems like it should be pretty easy information to get, and yet we are all left to speculate because of an apparent gag order on releasing the specs. Are we getting 900p? 720p? just give us the official word on what it is so the assuming the worst can be done with, even if it is realizing the worst.

Screw the politics of harboring industry knowledge because one company doesn't want their image tainted. This information is bound to come out sooner or later, delaying the delivery of this information only limits the opportunity for someone to make an informed decision on which version is truly best for them. I am getting an Xbox One, very excited about it but admittedly frustrated at the cryptic delivery of information I receive regarding the Xbox lineup.

Level 1
116 REPLIES

Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion

in reply to AKVORTEC

Sounds like you wont get an official word till the 12th. Microsoft has an info embargo.

Xbox One is going to be 720p... unless there is a miracle.

Level 28
Highlighted

So far it looks like 720p... then upscale to 1080p.  As far as I know, this is not reflective on the X1 capabilities or IW.  The X1 has the power to do 1080p at 60fps.  And obviously IW can do that.  I think this has more to do with MS lagging a bit with getting devs the most recent tools and drivers to build with.  I wouldn't be shocked if Ghost gets patched in a month after release to update it to 1080p.

Either way, chances are it will look better then the 360 version.  I'm more concerned about it being a stable build and playing well.

Level 1

in reply to Kon_Artist

The PS4 demo at IW for IGN was at 1080p, the game was designed to run at 1080p, the question is can the Xbox run it?

This is not a Dev issue this is a question of Microsoft, however I do agree MS will find a solution eventually.

Level 20

They need to explain what? I don't know if you guys know these but not everything is shown @ 1080p. Certain things look better at 720p. Example, sports look best @ 720p, hence channels like the MLB network are 720p. Another thing, if you live in the US, we don't really know what full HD is unless you are watching bluray. Our technology is far behind and it's rare when we get great full HD from cable, etc. The game is going to look great @ 720p but most importantly it will play smooth. That's what really matters. If you guys want FULL HD, go buy a gaming PC.

Level 19

in reply to AKVORTEC

720p not 1080p native.

Canceling xbone preorder and cod hardened preorder for xbone. Only reason I ordered the damned box in the first place.

Level 44

in reply to gallp13

Why?  Does it make that much of a difference that you have to cancel your pre-order just because it isn't native 1080?  Seems kind of irrational to me.

Level 47

in reply to gallp13

are you cancel your preorder just because of one game? smart!!! here is a graph for you about how important the native 1080p in your bedroom. Chart: 1080P Does Matter - CarltonBale.com

Level 1

in reply to AKVORTEC

Why stop there, why not switch over to the PS4. I am sure there will be a system available for you before the end of November to mid December as Sony will want to have more systems available for Christmas. Save yourself a hundred bucks and go with a winning system.

Level 4

in reply to AKVORTEC

ms slapping that embargo on just reads " yep its true but we dont want to tell people before they buy the consoles"

Level 75

Studios