Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion

in reply to RUSTY GUN

Can you provide proof of this promise?

Smooth Gameplay > Minor improvements in Graphics.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I read it on the internet and was sure I heard it in an interview. But hey, its very reassurring what you're saying and all im really after is confirmation that a) its actually a good thing. or b) it wont make any difference.

Im an xbox fan, always will be, but its a question I would like to see officially answered by IW. I have a hunch they may have recommended a 720 solution to sony but sony perfered to keep the paper spec looking good instead.

Level 16

in reply to RUSTY GUN

Its all just teething problems, nothing more nothing less. Of course the XBOne can handle 1080p. Even the WiiU can do that on its outdated hardware.

You need to give developers a little time to get their heads around the system then you'll have forgotten all about this nonsense.  We are talking about 1 or 2 games at 720p not every game in the future. Get a grip people

Level 13

in reply to AKVORTEC

Well I was considering getting the PS4 AND the ONE. But considering a list of bad things  from Sony is going to change my mind not to buy one at all.

First they dont support external hard drives. This includes thumbdrives.

Second they wont be running Titanfall.

Third You cant stream movies from home.

4th you cant use the Vita outside your home network.

And the 5th story I just read on their FAQ was that the PS4 will not be able to play previously purchased MP3 or ANY music CDs. So if you want to listen to music you have to buy it all over again. My CD music collection are now coasters if I were to use the PS4. Really a Blu Ray player that wont play Music CDs ???

Cant wait til Monday and see what other bad news they got.

So I think one minor game resolution issue isnt the real deciding issue here.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

I think the reason for the MP3 thing is because they noticed people were still playing illegal content on their systems through USB drives and what not. Despite the copyright protection, a lot of movie pirates were recording in a lower resolution and then upscaling it as to not have to worry about copyright protection software. So, this is understandable, and while I don't like it all that much either, it is by far not a deal breaker. I don't play the Vita, so meh. Could care less about Titanfall cause it is just one game and not enough for me to switch to Xbox when I love the PS exclusives. Also, I can live with not having an external hard drive to hook up, especially when allows interchangeable HDDs. I'll probably be looking up which HDDs are compatible and buy a new one fairly soon. Still, in my eyes, everything you listed is a non issue. You can still rent and watch movies from Playstation Home; Also, PS4 has it's own movie streaming service and has netflix, so no idea where you got this info from. Also, just saw that after hearing feedback, Sony is looking at doing a patch to allow MP3s, which means that eventually they'll at least have to allow the connection of Thumbdrives. So, there you go.

Level 4

in reply to xThatTributeGuy

OK let me clarify this. I said you cant stream movies from home. Which maybe I should have been more clear. You cant play movies that you own digitally.

Netflix is not movies from your home. You dont play your home movies that you have from the Netfilx app.

As for the MP3 patch, they announced that when and where ? Did they announce that your own MP3s will be available AND they will also patch USBs ? All one day after they announced it wont happen?

Even IF the allow you to play MP3s in the future doesnt mean they will alter the code to allow you to use a USB stick.

Source I used was direct source from the Playstation Website . Yours ?

PlayStation 4: The ultimate FAQ – Europe – PlayStation.Blog.Europe

Will I be able to play MP3s on the PS4 system?
No.

That was posted on October 30th. I dont see any information there that it will in the future. I just see the word "No" . If they were to support it in the future dont you think they would have said something like "Not at launch but we will be able to do that with a future update." ?

And in my opinion they are never going to allow you to listen to your own MP3s, not when they are forcing you to pay for their music service. That means that your entire music collection including your CDs is worthless. You are forced to pay for their service.

I mean I know they wanted to make a primary gaming only type of console but this leaves way for Microsoft to win over making their own "entertainment unit. Which I saw way back when , when I saw their blogs about the TV being the "future of the internet" about three years ago.

As for the HD you could buy one that fits these specs.

What type of hard drive does the PS4 system use?

The PS4 system is equipped with a 5400 RPM SATA II hard drive. Users can choose to install a new hard drive so long as it complies with these standards, is no thicker than 9.5mm, and is larger than 160GB.

The change might not matter to you just like game lag might not be seen in older games any longer. But what it does matter is to the entire customer base.

Level 72

No.

*We appreciate your feedback and are exploring possibilities

Here you go, copied straight from your link. This means they have gotten a lot of complaints about this, just like they did with the external capture cards, and it means that they will likely give in and allow us to have MP3s on the PS4. Now, if they allow MP3s, how are we supposed to get them onto the system? Are we supposed to find a way to preload them onto an HDD or are they going to allow us to attach a thumb drive to the console and load in files? Or are they going to create some sort of program that allows us to transfer them from our PC to our PS4? Who knows, but I am assuming that they will do it through thumb drive as it will be the easiest and fastest fix for them.

Level 4

It should have been on the console from day one.

Level 47

xThatTributeGuyx wrote:

No.

*We appreciate your feedback and are exploring possibilities

Here you go, copied straight from your link. This means they have gotten a lot of complaints about this, just like they did with the external capture cards, and it means that they will likely give in and allow us to have MP3s on the PS4. Now, if they allow MP3s, how are we supposed to get them onto the system? Are we supposed to find a way to preload them onto an HDD or are they going to allow us to attach a thumb drive to the console and load in files? Or are they going to create some sort of program that allows us to transfer them from our PC to our PS4? Who knows, but I am assuming that they will do it through thumb drive as it will be the easiest and fastest fix for them.

Yeah I saw that but it doesnt say they are fixing it. It just means that the complaints have been acknowledged. You have to consider the legal issues they might have to present to the public, etc. They have to get legal approval and so forth. Then they need to install software to be able to play it (possibly).

I didnt know about the external capture cards. Hmmm another reason why.

Level 72

External Capture Cards will be allowed, just not at launch. They originally weren't going to and then got a lot of feedback and decided to do it, but we'll have to wait for a future patch. Still, the MP3 thing is no big deal to me as I do believe they will break down and do a patch in the future. I would say MP3s will be allowed, along with, at a minimum, USBs by say April or May of next year; same with capture cards.

Level 4

Studios