Dedicated Servers

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Dedicated Servers

I have come to the realization that the dedicated servers talked about for the XBOX ONE are to support XBL...

Does anyone know if there are any plans to improve the connectivity for the online play? I am a PS user, but would make a switch to XBOX if the online experience is going to be better.

I am nt in the mood to buying another paperweight (a game I cannot play)

Activision Ambassador
39 REPLIES

Re: Dedicated Servers

The dedis that you're hearing about are not for Call of Duty, they're for in-house support of XBL content. Also, you can't really judge the connectivity until after the game is released. Remember, all testing is done on LAN, or at least that's how they've done things in past

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Remember, all testing is done on LAN, or at least that's how they've done things in past

Actually thats not true at all, live tests are carried out in house

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

There was a big fuss made out because the Devs for MW3 said there were no lag issues at all, only to find out that when they tested for ping they were doing so on a LAN connection. There was a huge outcry on the forums after this, I'm not saying the forum is always right (it's certianly not) but I do remember this happening

Level 75

That's the funny thing so many people have been talking about how the new dedicated servers for XBL will make a huge difference to CoD in game. It will make no difference whatsoever since CoD is peer-to-peer. If they implement dedicated servers for Ghosts then we will see a difference

Level 16

in reply to Steve2589

yeah that is the impression that I got...

I think my post is being misread (my bad).

I am stating that the dedis talked about are for XBL and not for online gaming for any specific game.

That said, I am asking if there has been any news about online gaming connectivity improvements (as a different subject). I htink the answer is no.

no matter which console I buy*, I am not pre-ordering any game.

* I am still leaning towards the PS4, because the entertainment features on the XBOX are useless to me, as I do not sub to cable TV (for the little I do watch, I watch everything online)

Activision Ambassador

My post was in no way a dig at anyone, I apologise if it seemed like it was .

Just out of curiosity which console are you using right now? Frankly, I will choose the same as I did with current generation. If the people I play with switch to Playstation I will too. If they stick to Xbox I will also. And DLC will come out first for Xbox again in Ghosts so I can see myself sticking to Xbox

Level 16

in reply to Steve2589

I use the PS3... and likely getting the PS4. I did not buy the console stritcly to play COD (so I do not really care about getting DLC 1st)

However the expereience I have had the past couple of years in COD (which yeah, is my fav game) makes me want to reconsider my choices in the future.

Activision Ambassador

The only thing that is going to become a paperweight in this generation of consoles is the WiiU.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

I'm not sure if the WiiU can really be called a console. I find it to be more fun as an extension of the Wii. Haven't played it since release, so unless things have or will change in the future I think it's still more of a kiddie thing

Level 75

Studios