Disc read error and similar error codes are unacceptable.

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Disc read error and similar error codes are unacceptable.

I'm not one to trash this game, because I actually do enjoy it and I think the dlc is the best it's been in a while. But I went to download the map pack today, and it downloaded no big deal. I go to play a private match on Pharoah and it gives me: Disc read error image file 66. I got this the day devastation came out, so I had to delete the game and reinstall it. That took around 8 hours to do. Now I get the invasion dlc, and the exact same thing happens. And I just tried to play the new extinction map, and it says "disc read error 'mp_alien_dlc3'." It's VERY obvious that you guys (IW ) are either not trying anymore. But I paid $500 so I could play CoD, along with $60 for Live and $60 for the game. Oh, and I bought the season pass because I'm a HUGE fan of CoD. Not to mention all of the CoD branded accessories like headsets and stuff like that. Like I said, I'm not one to trash this game because I do enjoy it 6.5/7 days. But this is just unacceptable. I spend countless amounts of dollars on CoD related items, and the game doesn't even work. If anybody has a solution to my problem besides uninstalling the game,  I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm just so disappointed with IW right now.

Level 8
12 REPLIES

Re: Disc read error and similar error codes are unacceptable.

in reply to Blee1030931

this is why you buy digital copies. 

Level 10

in reply to Kill2StayCranke

I like to be able to trade in my games though. Because honestly when the new CoD comes out I don't play the last one, unless it's bo2 for obvious reasons. There are only certain games I buy digitally. But still. I should be able to buy a video game and it actually work.

Level 8

in reply to Blee1030931

I'm having the same problem. It's extremely frustrating

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to TiffanyPenrod

I just don't understand. I have a lot of experience with programming, and this just baffles me. I just tweeted at candyslexia, teenah, and IW. Hopefully I get some kind of response

Level 8

in reply to Blee1030931

By the way, I had deleted the game and set it to install while I was a movie for 3 hours. It got to the point where it was still installing, but let me access multiplayer and extinction. Got the same error as last time for extinction. Not even gonna try multiplayer. My patience is running thin.

Level 8

in reply to Blee1030931

So today, I've deleted the entire game twice. I've installed it twice. I've downloaded Invasion four times. I still get the same errors. I reallyyyyyyyy love this game. I've sunk so much money, time, and effort into Ghosts. I just deleted the game and every piece of dlc I own. I set the game to download overnight. If it works, I'll try downloading Invasion first. If none of this works, I'm afraid this game will either go to the very back of my shelf or get traded in. And it's a damn shame because like I said, I love this game. I bought the season pass and occasionally buy the microtransactions. But there's no point in trying to play something that is most definitely broken. BUT, I have to give a major shoutout to IW, or Candyslexia. or Teenah, or directing me to Activision Support. They've been tweeting me for hours now trying to solve my problem, and they are continuing to do so. Good job Activision Support! Seriously, even though the game doesn't work, you have outstanding support! This isn't sarcasm either. Whoever is in charge of your twitter page has to be one of the coolest, most patient people I've ever met!

Level 8

in reply to Blee1030931

Have you tried shutting down the xbox completely and not just into standby mode? (Press the xbox button (the light) for about 10 seconds until it goes off).  This will clear all the cache.

Level 10

in reply to Kill2StayCranke

Yep. And after I shut it down completely I unplugged the console for 5 minutes and then reinstalled the entire game and the dlc. I let it download overnight while I slept. Woke up this morning to find it all finished, and now I'm getting the original errors as explained in my post

Level 8

in reply to Blee1030931

I feel your pain.  I have the exact same problems.  I have now uninstalled the game 6 times along with the dlc and attempted to reinstall to no avail.  I'm with you, this was the first game I bought when I got my xboxone even though I have it on the 360.  I've pumped so much money into it and it's incredibly frustrating not to get to play it.  Please let me know if you get any resolution and I'll do the same for you.

Level 1

Studios