Ghosts MP thoughts anyone?

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Ghosts MP thoughts anyone?

So I've been playing Ghosts up to around level 31 and I've decided to give my two cents in regards to multiplayer.

Coming from the likes of COD 4, MW, WaW and the first Blops (was all COD'd out at that point) with a pretty consistent KDR of 5:1, I have to say Ghosts completely baffles me.  No longer do I feel confident in twitch engagements, and the old style of running and gunning gets me horrific scores pretty consistently.  In fact in most games now I've taken to simply camping in one spot, getting a few cheap kills, then venturing out to try my luck in a "fair" fight, usually to be picked off from some window far above, or worse, from somebody spawning in behind me.

I'm assuming the almost limitless angles that you now have to cover when running around were designed to give the player a bit more of a challenge or perhaps open up single level combat instead of simple corridor aiming, however in most of the games I've played, it just encourages camping (don't even get me started with players rocking thermal scopes prone in a bush).

Any thoughts of heading into the middle of the map have without fail, resulted in a quick death from an unseen attacker.  I just feel like the developers have tried to put so much into the maps, what with all the environmental clutter and the myriad of windows, ramps and hidey holes, that for me at least, it's no longer fun.

I'm slowly getting better as I learn the maps and their choke points, but the joy of chaining kills on the fly and not posted up in some building proning like a girl are few and far between.  Now every map just feels like a brutal slog filled with guaranteed frustrations.

Just my little rant after finishing a game with 5 kills and 12 deaths, something I'm still getting used to.  Was just wondering how others felt?  Maybe I'm just being a sore loser, but I feel as though the gameplay is completely different to what I was used to with COD.

Level 1
47 REPLIES

Re: Ghosts MP thoughts anyone?

in reply to MuLzA

I don't mean to brag but I go literally positive almost every game. Im just so used to CoD that I can easily adapt. Always watch your back and use a good set up like the ak 12 with silencer and grip.

I don't have it for xbox one but if I did Id pick it up in a heart beat!360 users don't have ground war

Level 4

in reply to MuLzA

No, it is how you describe it.

Ghosts has changed from the original basic concepts and alot of people are having trouble adjusting.

I am in the same boat where it was new and exciting for a while but now the fun has gone.

It has become a competitive campfest which IMO takes all the fun out of the game.

Level 38

in reply to MuLzA

Yeah man i have never seen so much camping in any cod before

Level 15

in reply to xoMrSLAVEox

There is no more "camping" in ghosts than any other fps. What there IS more of is people crying about campers.  If someone is laying prone anywhere, and they kill you more than once from that spot, the problem is you.

I have no trouble at all moving around the map. Then again, I use my eyes, ears, and brain. I don't (and never have) just run blindly hoping that whoever I might run into is a bad shot. I watch my teammates, and predict where the enemy will be, and make a plan to put myself in a good position when they get there. That is not camping, that is being better than my opposition.

One thing that IW has learned from this game is "the masses" won't think or adapt, they'll just stomp their feet and quit. Which says more about the community than the developers.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

Well the customer is always right.

If the masses want the same style then let them have it.

I can't see how you can honestly think there were more campers in bo2 than there are in ghosts.

Level 38

in reply to Rexens_View

I can't see how you honestly think there were less campers in BO2 and more in Ghosts. Oh wait..because you only know every single individual players play-style.

There were campers in both games, just leave it at that.

Level 13

in reply to FaclonPower98

You only need the power of observation to see that Ghosts has significantly more campers than BO2 so I assume your trolling.

There are campers in both games - there are campers in all games - that is beside the point.

We are talking about camping swamping Ghosts as the preferred playstyle, which has contributed greatly to it's lack of players now.

Level 38

in reply to Rexens_View

Frankly and honestly, the customer is not always right.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to SweatDragon

Yes your right - the customer isn't LITERALLY always right but if the majority want then it's what the majority will get from a stakeholders perspective.

Otherwise there will be no profitability.

It's a catch 22 scenario where as if you listen to the people who want change and give it to them - they kick and scream that it's different.

However if you keep it the same because you know it's what the majority of people like (even if they don't realise it) then these same people will scream and throw tantrums that they aren't being innovative.

Level 38

Studios