Headsets avail for purchase for xbox one before Nov 22?

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Headsets avail for purchase for xbox one before Nov 22?

Looking to buy TB headsets before or on the 22nd

Level 1
16 REPLIES

Re: Headsets avail for purchase for xbox one before Nov 22?

in reply to Hoyt74

Microsoft has stated that no 3rd party headsets will be coming out til next year

Level 4

in reply to jaydyn119

This is mad you would of thought they had this covered

Level 16

in reply to jaydyn119
Smiley Sad
q9
Level 1

in reply to Hoyt74

From what I've read at EB Games shop front Turtles Next Gen headsets are not due for release until a TBC in 2014.

For anyone interested in Astro headsets have a look at this link:

Astro Issues Statement Regarding Headset Compatibility for Next-Gen | Side Mission | GameTrailers

So, current Astros will work with X1 - you can choose to use the Kinect mic for chat, or buy an adapter.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to Hoyt74

Are you considering only Turtle Beaches?  I've invested in some Astro's this year, and as the poster above me states, there will/should be an adapter.  One of my thoughts with this is that I may well play games still on my 360 and would like a headset that can be used on both 360 and One.

Level 9

in reply to Hoyt74

Optical cables for current gen headsets will still work for in-game audio. I'm thinking of doing that for soundwhoring, and then using Kinect for the actual mic.

Level 5

in reply to Hoyt74

I would seriously consider Astros over the TB, out of all the headsets I have owned they are much better made and the sound is better. Whichever ones you get you have to wait for the proprietary Microsoft adapter anyways.

Level 1

in reply to Hoyt74

I haven't seen any advertised.

I'll use my astro A40's (even if that means having trouble talking to people in lobbies - I yell & scream and swear too much anyway ] until Astro brings out a new version adapted for the xbox 1.

Level 61

in reply to ghosthound

Dude, I swear too much too. But, for me it's usually at myself, lolls. Playing as a lone wolf most of the time (my real life friends arnt gamers) I don't really use the mic much. However, I love me Astros for the sound. Bugger of thing though - the connections on the mix amp are buggered. Luckily, my drumming headphones are 3D and much cheaper.

Anyways, just to make clarification to everyone - the adapter to allow your current Turtles and Astros to work are being released by Microsoft.

Microsoft is Releasing an Xbox One Headset Adapter After All | Side Mission | GameTrailers

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Studios