Is anyone using their Kinect for in-game chat in Ghosts?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Highlighted

Is anyone using their Kinect for in-game chat in Ghosts?

I'm using my old headset with Xbox One via optical out to my Astro Mixamp.  This works fine, however I get no in-game chat through my headset, nor can I use my Kinect mic to speak.  The Kinect mic works fine when using other apps, such as Skype and chat audio comes through my headset fine, but Ghosts seems to ignore this setup entirely.

Is this not possible with Ghosts?

Level 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is anyone using their Kinect for in-game chat in Ghosts?

in reply to mcdonamw
Solution
‎25-11-2013 12:00 PM

Maybe we can strip down the crappy headset and use it to make our own cable rather than waiting on the official one !!

Looks like someone has already done it

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/mic-mod-turtle-beach-chat.1018593/

Level 1
12 REPLIES

in reply to mcdonamw

I'm having the same issue optical to my mix amp i do get in game chat i can hear people talking but they can't hear me through kinect. ghosts shows me as having no mic. I have verified i have use kinect for voice chat on in the settings and party chat working fine. cod ghosts doesn't recognize my kinect as a mic for some reason.

Level 6

in reply to mcdonamw

The method you are using does work one way and that is via party. If you use your Kinect mic with your headphones while in a party it works the way you want. However be sure party chat is enabled. What is stupid about this, is that you can talk in the party via Kinect, but if you drop to game chat to talk crap to the lobby.. there is no mic. So only people in your party can hear your kinect chat. I'm still working on a fix.

Level 5

in reply to sqitso1

Yeah that's pretty much what I already figured out in the first post.  I was just looking for confirmation.  I've read that some games work like I'm expecting but I haven't confirmed myself.

Level 7

in reply to sqitso1

Hmmm, I wonder if it's a privacy thing on the Microsoft side, or an issue in the Ghosts code.

Level 1

in reply to mcdonamw

Sadly, the x1 is missing the option to play through both that the 360 had, so one can not just put the silly microcrap headphone around his neck and us its mic and your nice headphones, for sound,   Microsoft, this does NOT make me want to buy your headphones!

Level 1

in reply to mcdonamw
Solution
‎25-11-2013 12:00 PM

Maybe we can strip down the crappy headset and use it to make our own cable rather than waiting on the official one !!

Looks like someone has already done it

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/mic-mod-turtle-beach-chat.1018593/

Level 1

in reply to IcecoldHugster

I made one of these for my buddy yesterday. It works fine.. the only problem is you only hear sound out of one ear. I have not done it for myself just yet, but I have some reservations as MS called the port on the controller an "expansion" port. It is HDMI based not USB like most people think. So worried I may miss some feature in a game if I do this solution for myself.

Level 5

in reply to sqitso1

i get sound out of both i used a new set of x31 through the optic box from my x41 just a aux cable plugged into the headphone jack (31 are wireless, comes with a little box, no optic cable)  i made sure i cut the xb1 headset long enough that if i need to i can resoder it

Level 33

in reply to mcdonamw

As I'm usually in an Xbox live party, I've been using the Kinect mic for this and it works great. I have my Astro A40s and mixamp going through optical on the console, if you are in Xbox Live party chat, the Kinect will work just fine until we get an adapter/ dolby surround sound patch. The only downside is, the volume of the game is a lot lower when doing it this way

Level 1

Studios