Is there a counter for Danger Close?

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Is there a counter for Danger Close?

Honestly this is slightly a rant as well but every perk has its counter-perk except this one.  I could care less about the camping in this game but the noob tubes with danger close drives me absolutely mental because there is no way to stop them.. Trophy system does nothing and blast shield is pointless. 

Anyone else think this should be fixed?

Level 2
66 REPLIES

Re: Is there a counter for Danger Close?

in reply to BMooch

Blast shield should do itSmiley Wink

Level 1

in reply to BMooch

Blast Shield.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Blast Shield doesn't do anything against danger close.  Your best bet is trophy system combined with blast shield but even still danger close is just too powerful.  The other counter is to find a new lobby.

Level 12

in reply to riksterinto

Well, danger close costs so many points though. With IR scopes, large levels etc. You should be able to take them out easily. The small levels might be a problem but I honestly have not run into any issues with it.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

In most game modes it's not an issue however in Search using DC is a cheap tactic and really frustrating to deal with because you don't re-spawn (except maybe if you are playing SnR).  Also, the traffic is fairly predictable in Search and once the bomb is down, there is only one objective, it's likely in a small enclosed area and you have a very limited amount of time.

Level 12

in reply to BMooch

So you couldn't care less about camping?  Is that because you do it? Grenade launchers are often used to flush out and kill campers, which sounds like it's very effective at doing to you.  It's a legitimate playstyle like anything else and it sounds like you are unwilling to adapt.  You call blast shield and trophies pointless.  How about you run the owl?

Level 15

in reply to BMooch

No it works fine if you run BS and DC was not in the game the any explosive would be useless but now DC counter BS and it's fair it's a 4 point perk while BS is only 2 plus a trophy that's only 3 points and you won't die to DC users unless there are 6 and then you are royally fucked

Level 22

in reply to Bubbakush1

The combo can work but it's not a solid counter and then you can't really move or your screwed.  In the time it takes to put your trophy down, even with reflex, they have more than enough time to kill you.   Not very balanced if you ask me.  If people are spamming DC non-stop I just leave the lobby because it's annoying and no fun,  Brining back DC was such a bad idea.  They should get rid of it and just make explosives a little more effective.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to BMooch

Unfortunately, Blast Shield is pretty much useless against Danger Close by itself.  However, trophies and/or the night owl in combination with Blast Shield or a Riot Shield should work.  My personal preference is to just stay far enough outside of the lethal blast radius and use my own weapons to kill them.

Level 69

Studios