K/D

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

K/D

Why is still in the game?  If you want people to actually go after objectives then you'll take this stat out.  I also have no idea why a person with a sub 1.00 k/d is placed in the same lobby with someone over 2.00 k/d.  Is this some kind of sick joke?  Let's crap on the person with crappy k/d, and make him hate the game even more - AND ohh btw, NOT UPDATE WARGAMES so they actually enjoy the game anymore?

This is what happens now.  When I load into a game I check everyones k/d.  If someone has way over 1.00 I wait til the game starts.  If he's not on my team I leave.  It's that simple.  Then I get irritated, because if there's over 50k people playing this game, then your MATCHMAKING SHOULD PUT ME WITH PEOPLE OF LIKE ABILITY.

FIX THE GAME.

Level 2
26 REPLIES

Re: K/D

in reply to Skeets1point51

but playing better players should help you to improve too !

Level 18

in reply to simonm

While I get what you're saying about 'better players', k/d doesn't always indicate that someone is a good player.  I've seen plenty of people just camp it out it to build their k/d.  Nothing necessarily against campers, but different skills can prove a player's caliber as well.

Level 2

K/D is only a small portion of what someones ability is in objective games. There are plenty of top clans who have great players with a negative K/D. That is because they play the objective and their score per minute is insane. These people don't care about their K/D they care about winning.

They only time K/D can be measured as how good someone plays is in games like TDM, FFA, ect. Even then, in those non-objective games K/D can be misleading. Sure you can have a 3.0 K/D cause you camp and go 6/2 during the game. But that isn't the person I care to have on my team to be honest. I would like to have the guy with the 1.5 K/D that goes 30/20 because he is actually doing more for the team. So at the end of the day, I don't think K/D should be removed, but I think score per minute should be brought back like in Black Ops 1.

Level 3

in reply to WhosNxt0516

The guy who goes 6 and 2 is actually helping the team more that the guy going 30/20 if it's a kill based game type.  just because someone has more kills doesn't mean that is actually better.  the more kills you get, the better.  The less times you get killed is even better.  you aren't offering points to the other team.  K/D in a kill based game is everything.  If you go 50/38 you aren't helping the team as much as the guy whose 7/1.   

Level 1

Problem with K/D is like people have pointed out. It kills game modes like DOM. No one wants to cap because you die on flag B all the time AND if you are not the first person there then there really is no reason to run out and cap it. They other player gets the point.

Win/Loss is also worthless because you will almost ALWAYS be dropped into an existing game on the lossing side. If you back out you get a loss, if you stay in you get a loss.

Level 9

in reply to KC135R

I do agree with this and they have done in my opinion a little bit to curb it. When you look at the lobby leader boards lets just use KC as an example. K/D isn't even listed as a stat to view. The only way you can see it is to actually look at the specific persons player card.

I think the best way to make it work is that on objective based game modes your K/D is not calculated. If it was that way people would play with no sh*ts givin' and the games would be a lot more fun. I still think on non-objective based game modes K/D should be calculated and count because it is the main stat that decides how good or bad you are at those game modes with a glance.

Level 3

in reply to WhosNxt0516

Funny thing is I thought K/D was removed from things like Demolition in other titles. Maybe it was wishful thinking....

But like another poster pointed out, just play infected and you can run your K/D up high!

Level 9

I have no issue with removing kd from the stats but I believe that you are seriously overrating players with high kds.  If anything I find that most high kd players, turn tail and run as soon as they find themselves facing opponents with thumbs.  My advice to you is to stop looking at the stats and just play the game.  I only have a 1.18 kd but I can take on whole teams of 2+ kds with no issue.  Just because they have good stats doesn't make them great.  You are selling yourself short by not playing them.  And even if they do turn out to be great, you are missing out on an opportunity to grow yourself as a player which could make you one of the great ones someday.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

phxs72 wrote:

I have no issue with removing kd from the stats but I believe that you are seriously overrating players with high kds.  If anything I find that most high kd players, turn tail and run as soon as they find themselves facing opponents with thumbs.  My advice to you is to stop looking at the stats and just play the game.  I only have a 1.18 kd but I can take on whole teams of 2+ kds with no issue.  Just because they have good stats doesn't make them great.  You are selling yourself short by not playing them.  And even if they do turn out to be great, you are missing out on an opportunity to grow yourself as a player which could make you one of the great ones someday.

I could not have said this any better.

Level 3

Studios