Lack of Dolby Digital support on the xbox1 is disappointing

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Lack of Dolby Digital support on the xbox1 is disappointing

Like the title states is very disappointing. I know it will be supported eventually but I hope its sooner rather than later. I tried a few games with my Turtle Beach X41s but standard 2 channel stereo terrible so I am playing through my home theater surround sound system for now. My wife doesn't like this because now my house sounds like a war zone when I'm playing.

Playing without my TBs and using the included cheap mic felt very weird. Nothing like the feel good feeling of playing on a next gen system only to go back in time with the sound and cheap mic. Give me Dolby Digital support and the chat cable adapter and I will be a happy customer again.

Level 16
5 REPLIES

Re: Lack of Dolby Digital support on the xbox1 is disappointing

in reply to blb128

I agree.. this is frustrating to no end.

Level 7

in reply to blb128

Indeed, it doesn't feel very Next Gen at all at the moment.

I'm quite disappointed about the lack of support regarding hardware, especially the adapter.

Level 4

in reply to blb128

Dolby is there. It's under troubleshooting. Settings. TV @ One Guide, Troubleshooting, Surround Sound. Mine works fine.

Level 5

in reply to sqitso1

Yeah, although there's no way I could remember exactly where it was at I do remember running across this in settings when I was looking for something else, haha.

Level 11

in reply to sqitso1

sqitso wrote:

Dolby is there. It's under troubleshooting. Settings. TV @ One Guide, Troubleshooting, Surround Sound. Mine works fine.

Negative.  That's only to allow the Xbox One to accept surround sound (input) from the TV Cable box.  We're talking about output support on the SPDIF from the Xbox itself.

Level 7

Studios