[Misleading Title] No Surround Sound Headsets for Xbox One for 3 Months!!!

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Highlighted

[Misleading Title] No Surround Sound Headsets for Xbox One for 3 Months!!!

If you upgrade you Ghost game to the Xbox One version, then you better be ready not to be able to use your Turtle Beach headsets until February. No Xbox 360 or Xbox One headset will work with the Xbox One until the adapter comes out. Now they did say that players will still be able to access in-game audio via the console's optical digital audio port, but chat audio will have to be routed through the Kinect. Is it just me or do I not understand that correctly. How am I supposed to connect my X12 Turtle Beach headsets that have AV cables into a HDMI port? The adapter is just for the controller, not the back of the Xbox One so how I can hook up my headset? Do you have any thoughts about this?

Source: Xbox One Headset Adapter Won't Ship Until 2014 - IGN

Level 4
10 REPLIES

Re: No Surround Sound Headsets for Xbox One for 3 Months!!!

in reply to x1HxTakeNotez1

its because ms put a special socket on the controller so you cant plug in the normal 3.5 jack to get chat functions that way they can control who can make peripherals although im sure a few weeks down the road ebay will be awash with chinese versions

Level 75

Re: [Misleading Title] No Surround Sound Headsets for Xbox One for 3 Months!!!

I've edited the title of your thread. As you point out in your own post, chat will not work, but optical audio will.

You're also mistaken about your own purchased hardware. X12s are not surround sound.

Edit: Also moving thread to proper sub-forum.

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

I may have found a way to improvise until the new headsets come out. I plugged my toslink cable, or in your case the AV cable, into the back of my tv. All audio then plays through the headset. Then just set up the chat through the Kinect. Not the worlds best solution but it'll work until the new headsets come out

Level 2

in reply to oraclearbiter

That's not a bad idea. The HDMI cables takes the sound to the TV and then hopefully I can plug my Turtle Beaches straight into the TV and they might get sound. I really hope this helps. I love you man. Best idea I've heard so far and I've been down to Gamestop, Radioshack and contacted Microsoft and none of them gave me any help. Thank you again.

Level 4

Welcome! Just trying to spread the ideas so more people can keep enjoying COD. I've played with a headset for so long on so many games, the idea of not having any for months makes my stomach drop.  I can't imagine having to strain to hear directionality from just my tv.

Level 2

I think the only two compatible headsets for the Xbox One which will be avaliable on release day are the XO Four as seen here Ear Force XO FOUR - Turtle Beach, Inc. and the XO Sevenhttp://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-seven/389

Level 1

in reply to MackyD7

No headsets will be available until Q1 2014. There also is another headset you forgot. The Polk 4-Shot.  I personally think I will be getting this one as Polk audio equipment I feel is some of the best out there

Level 2

For those of you the don't want to use that awful Kinect mic, wear the headset that ships with the one around your neck and talk through that, and sound comes through the headset.  Anybody with non optical port headsets won't work.  They prioritized headsets that are top of the line like Astros and the top models of tritons/tb's because they assumed people with headsets under 120 dollars can afford to buy the new ones.  Personally I'm not playing Xbox one until a scuf and headset adapter come out. 

Level 5

in reply to Rogue_Convict

What do you mean they prioritised the top models?

Level 61

Studios