Party and game invite screen on the right side not wanted

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Party and game invite screen on the right side not wanted

If I send out a party and game invite or receive one sometimes my game screen will shrink as the party game invite  and people in it pop up on the right side of the screen. Why does this happen ? Do I need to change a setting so that my game will continue to be full screen? When it does happen usually trying like crazy to make it gone (my fault for not exercising patience here) so not sure what has made it go back to normal. What do I need to do when it does happen to have my game full size again?

Level 75
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Party and game invite screen on the right side not wanted

in reply to MindSpazms
Solution
‎23-04-2014 03:25 AM

Not sure if there's a setting to stop it, but you can either go back to main screen and press unsnap, then go back to your game or just yell at your Xbox  kinnect until it decides to listen and say 'Xbox - unsnap' - that should give the full screen back

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
6 REPLIES

in reply to MindSpazms
Solution
‎23-04-2014 03:25 AM

Not sure if there's a setting to stop it, but you can either go back to main screen and press unsnap, then go back to your game or just yell at your Xbox  kinnect until it decides to listen and say 'Xbox - unsnap' - that should give the full screen back

in reply to tracy

That simple huh ! I really need to start watching tutorials I bet it covers it there. Thanks for the quick response .

Level 75

in reply to MindSpazms

No problem, I'm still figuring things out as I go along. Now only if I can figure out why I can't carry on in multiplayer when I've accepted party invite I'll be sorted, no more insta deaths due to not being able to move

in reply to tracy

My Xbox is a little like my wife- it hates to hear the word "no". Yes it is always fine with.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to MindSpazms

One think to keep aware of is if you need to snap party( xbox snap) and your in game chat it will put you into party chat. If your playing search this will boot you from the game.

BUt yea "xbox snap party" will bring up the party on the right side. You can switch from game chat and party chat by pressing the start button. And "xbox unsnap" will close it or if your in party snap pressing b will also close it.

Level 33

in reply to MindSpazms

Just hit B, or what has already been stated, say "Xbox, unsnap".  Done.

Level 15

Studios