Predator was cool until...

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Predator was cool until...

I'll admit, adding horror film characters as a maniac field order was dope. Seeing the Predator run around on the Ruins map was awesome until I realized the Predator gets an automatic K.E.M. upon death! like wtf?! So if I go on any type of streak and I avoid getting killed from the predator, I automatically lose my streak anyways because he gets an automatic KEM? Thats ridiculous. Who at IW thought of this idea? The field orders are normal. Its not like there are extremely difficult to make getting the predator more difficult. Its a joke. If I have a nice streak, and I either avoid getting killed from a person (doesnt matter whether its a predator, micheal myers, maniac, or killstreak) or I Kill him, I shouldnt be penalized! LMFAO...Especially if someone becomes the Predator and I kill him, why the f**k would I die? You need to change that to be a last stand proximity blast, not a KEM....If you don't, you literally just made playing that map a joke along with all of the other issues people already deal with  in your game...so please change.

PS - Im not starting a debate and I could care less for those who say "well then make sure your team gets the Predator then" because thats an idiotic response. Regardless of my team gets it, its unfair...plain and simple

Level 2
32 REPLIES

Re: Predator was cool until...

in reply to XxBlOoDfAllsxX

Some very valid points, Some strikes (missile strikes, or the barrage) can be avoided. Will there be some safe spots?

Activision Ambassador

You can get a KEM in strike zone from a care package.  I don't see how it is that different.  It's just a maniac + KEM in one package.

Level 5

yup these gimmicks are stupid and not balanced. the predator has no place in cod neither does Michael Meyers.

I want a more competitive game and well ghosts seems to be geared towards children now and the casual crowd. Nothing fun about getting a KEM when they hand them out like candy to anyone who gets a field order.

Level 6

in reply to iigallowsii

iigallowsii wrote:

yup these gimmicks are stupid and not balanced. the predator has no place in cod neither does Michael Meyers.

I want a more competitive game and well ghosts seems to be geared towards children now and the casual crowd. Nothing fun about getting a KEM when they hand them out like candy to anyone who gets a field order.

If you don't like Michael Myers or Predator, then go play competitively at gamebattles.com, or MLG, or something along those lines.  Not everyone that plays matchmaking has the same mindset at you.  You may be playing competitively, but the people you are playing against may just be playing casually.  That doesn't make you better than them, even if you beat them.  It just means they are different.  I personally would never have purchased the DLC without these "gimmicks".

It takes some skill to complete the field order.  The care packages are random as well.  Luck is part of the game.  It's those unknown variables that keep the game fresh.

Children don't have a clue who Michael Myers or Predator is, so it is clearly NOT geared towards the children.  It's meant for the adults whom these characters actually mean something to.

Level 15

in reply to JetEye

That's what these idiots don't realize. If they want to play competitively, then they should go play Clan Vs Clan. Or BO2 league play. DLC doesn't get added to competitive, so it shouldn't matter in the first place. I get the DLC to add a bit more fun to the game, because it's been out a while. I like knowing that if I play on Fog, I can stab people with an ax as Michael Myers. I like know that if I play on Strikezone, I can nuke the entire map. I like knowing that if I play on Ruins, I can finally play as the god damn Predator! Who does not think that's awesome?! I play CoD more than probably anyone on these forums.. I play competitively, I play Zombies, I play Extinction. Sometimes you need a break from the norm, and if that means every DLC (that I paid $50 for with the season pass) will have some sort of "gimmick," well then I say BRING IT.

Level 8

in reply to JetEye

But this is Call of Duty. These things should have never been in the game. So yes it looks like it is geared towards children

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

No. That was Call of Duty. What we are playing now is Call of Duty. It is what it is. At least they are tied to their specific map, its not across the board.

Level 75

in reply to iigallowsii

Try playing in Clan vs Clan. It is 4 on 4 and I do believe there are no kill streaks. This is also what Clan Wars should be played on. You don't need a clan to play it either.

Level 1

Nah he's right. The Predator was cool until the KEM stuff. Let's be honest. This is Infinity Ward and they love rewarding fails with death streaks. They promised they would get rid of the death streak. What do we get? A dog. You failed as an assault class.. but it's okay, your dog will get you another kill. Now they do the same thing with the Predator. Hell you don't even have to play. You can just throw the controller down and wait to die and get yourself some free kills. Normally this isn't so big of a problem in Kill confirmed or Domination.. but in TDM it's just stupid. We where winning and then this guy gets the Predator and our team wiped him out is seconds because the guy sucked. They win when he detonated. When you get Michael Myers.. he can be a wrecking ball but it takes skill. I have seen people not know how to play Michael and get obliterated without a single kill. Hey, that's fair. I've also seen Mike get 15 kills. Also fair because the guy new what he was doing. This getting a KEM automatically when die is dumb. You died as a Predator meaning you FAILED the kill streak. The Predator IS the kill streak, just like Michael is.. but they have to throw in a KEM with your failure. Here's another death/fail streak for you. We reward you for just showing up.

Level 5

Studios