[RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p

in reply to Maccabi

Thats exactly right maccabi, thats what I heard him say? So why the change of heart? And a big change of heart it is too. The only thing that keeps me happy with all this is that it might look smoother during action scenes on 720 like sports on TV does. There might be a good reason. It would've been nice to have an official explanation tho....?

Level 16

Re: [RUMOR] Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p, versus PS4′s 1080p

in reply to xxdeathdoctorxx

Probably just a rumor.

If its true.... an already obsolete console at launch?

Level 28

mdub wrote:

Probably just a rumor.

If its true.... an already obsolete console at launch?

a rumor maybe, but given ryse has already gone down to 900p i do think devs are having issues with the xb1 atm.

I expect a whole raft of pr blurb from ms soon mentioning upscaling and what nots - penello has already started this unscucessfully and got called out on it. i think the main issue is while the xb1 maybe a powerhouse its apis frankly suck atm and devs are limited to what they can do with a launch title. I'm sure down the line things will improve i mean look at early 360 games to the now..  but atm nope not looking good for the xb1 from the point of view of consumers

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

I remember back at reveal, when guys were saying that Microsoft shouldnt be using the eSRAM. They said it would make it a pain to dev for.

Could this be the start already? Not good for MS....not good at all.

Level 28

mdub wrote:

I remember back at reveal, when guys were saying that Microsoft shouldnt be using the eSRAM. They said it would make it a pain to dev for.

Could this be the start already? Not good for MS....not good at all.

/agree given the announcements a while back how the devs at ms had upped clock speeds ect implied then they havent managed to get a stable system running.. I would hazard a guess (and this is purely my opinion) they have clocked stuff back on the launch consoles to ensure everything runs smoothly as a result games have had to scale back to ensure they can run

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

So if they cant do 1080p 60fps now.... what happens in 2-3 years, when games really start pushing the systems?

Level 28

mdub wrote:

So if they cant do 1080p 60fps now.... what happens in 2-3 years, when games really start pushing the systems?

ok lets look at it purely from cod as opposed to any other game as we are on the cod forums

cod has alot going on you have all the graphical effects , particle effects what have you ect to run something like cod at 1080 takes a massive amount of processing power in fact its basically (simplified) twice as much power as it takes to render the same thing at 720.

I think the main issue devs have atm is the apis ms have working arent really that great or able to optimize performance yet. Will we see 1080 games yes forzas running at 1080 (atm) will all games be 1080 honestly i very much doubt it i really think 720-900 will be the norm for the xb1 and i honestly dont have a problem with that . I would as i said earlier prefer an amzing looking game with all the extra stuff than one with less that has shinier water.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Agreed.

Level 28
Highlighted

in reply to Maccabi

I also think developing for all consoles (current & next ) is hurting R&D. The faster they stop developing for the 360/PS3 the more they can focus on developing strictly for the new platforms. You can't really reach the max potential when you have to port the same game down to the 360/PS3. Notice that a game like Titanfall is strictly being developed by respawn for the PC/XB1. The 360 version will be developed by a different Dev. As for a game like Ryse, I will chuck it up to developers still learning to develop for the console and the rush to get it finished for Launch.

Level 19

in reply to xxdeathdoctorxx

Well either IW or MS needs to clear this up quickly. I'm looking at a stronger system than XB360, with Ghosts this should be no problem

Level 1

Studios