So....these Dedicated Servers for XBOX One?

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

So....these Dedicated Servers for XBOX One?

I understand that Ghosts is using a hybrid system consisting of listen servers and dedicated servers but I'm just curious if anyone knows if they have played on dedicated servers so far?

From my time playing, it's been constant host migrations, losing connection to host and some noticeable lag spikes which I think it's safe to say that I've been playing on listen servers. Also, it doesn't help that there is no ping indicators/connection bars which doesn't help the situation.

So if you're 100% sure you're playing on dedicated servers, please share your experience here.

Level 51
32 REPLIES

Re: So....these Dedicated Servers for XBOX One?

in reply to vims2011

Very rarely have I had a game where I felt like I was playing on dedicated servers. It seems to have the same old problems with players getting a host advantage and getting the constant drop on me regardless of how/when I see them first. It's just ridiculous that they promoted the game as having dedicated servers.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to IrwinFl3tch3r

I have not seen a host migration, lag spike or dashboarding loss yet on the xbox one. My connection has been perfect and no matter who has been party host as well.

Level 38

in reply to IrwinFl3tch3r

Tell me. What does it "feel like" to play on a dedicated server?

Activision Ambassador

in reply to vims2011

I have had some rubber banding effects, but overall ghosts game play is about 50x more smooth then black ops 2 (yes i did play that game a lot up until ghosts came out) Connection issues don't just arise from their servers, it can be affected by so much its not even funny. Make sure you have open nat too, that increases the amount of people you can connect too!

Level 2

in reply to vims2011

I'm pretty sure we are playing dedicated servers. This by no means, means there will be 100% lag free. I have only played in one game so far that has migrated. I don't believe it was migrated from player to player, but from one server to a better fitted server for the players in the lobby.

Level 2

in reply to allstarpro

Who is "we"?

Activision Ambassador

in reply to allstarpro

allstarpro wrote:

I'm pretty sure we are playing dedicated servers. This by no means, means there will be 100% lag free. I have only played in one game so far that has migrated. I don't believe it was migrated from player to player, but from one server to a better fitted server for the players in the lobby.

I don't think it's even possible to switch server to server on dedicated servers during a match in progress. Migrations only apply to listen servers with hosts.

I'm not expecting 100% "no lag" on dedis but at least to the point where I'm not insta-dying and losing dodgy gunfights most of the time.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

Same same

Level 44

in reply to vims2011

We = Xbox one players

Level 2

Studios