Stupid to criticize camping in Domination

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Stupid to criticize camping in Domination

One of the responsibilities in Domination is to hold objectives, and the way to hold objectives is to position yourself so you can DEFEND the objectives. So why are there still ignorant people out there that get pissed when you do that?

Level 1
63 REPLIES

Re: Stupid to criticize camping in Domination

in reply to mintr0n

Depends on where the camping occurs, but yes camping is always suggestive. I get called a camper when I conceal myself to let health regen for instance. I do the same if I see 2+ people en-route to a specific location. I setup and wait for them. It's the same if I'm expecting an enemy to flank based on me getting hitmarkers and then he doesn't push me again for a few seconds. Playing tactically vs camping is often hard for people to accept. Sitting in a corner in TDM with IEDs cutting off routes.. well that's camping.

Level 8

in reply to WilliamCL57

Agreed. I've experienced all those things too. Plus I'm not that good to run and gun so I tend to play Domination and I will usually try and pick a flag to defend. I don't sit in the sams spot, I patrol, I listen, I respond. But if I kill someone,for example, inside a room, I know 90 % of the time he'll repeat so why not wait for him. Chances are he may come back again, so in this instance, yes I may wait for him. Not in the Exact same spot but nearby. Is this Camping? I don't think so. Besides if you repeat and die 2 or 3 times from the likes of me... you deserve it.lol. But really, in Dom., if I patrol a certain 'grid' of the map and get several kills from it, that ain't camping It's defense like someone said.

Level 5

in reply to mintr0n

I set up an account for just camping as a test. I set up load-outs with IEDs, LMGs with thermals and perks for camping. That account is currently sitting with over a 2.7 k/d and a 7.+ w/l. Not too bad for simply camping. Ghosts is made for campers, more than the past cods. It just works. But then I only play TDM and would not do that in objective based modes. I do agree though that if your defending your objective, that is not really camping.

Level 12

in reply to FavoriteApe3680

Sure buddy. Pics or its not real. Because on your real account, you're a below average average player with 500+ hours played. I would post a screengrab from my phone, but you'll probably report me.

Level 25

in reply to DocChoi

Be glad to. Your not looking at the right account. Now what's the easiest way to post that?

Level 12

So you trying to say it's not easy to camp in ghosts and have a good k/d? If your not a camper, then what's your k/d w/l? Just an approximation will do. Should be interesting to compare.

Maybe you, shadow and real sux want to place a non-monetary bet on it. You guys post that your very sorry you ever doubted me if I win. I'll post showing at least a 2.5 k/d and 6.5 + w/l.

Level 12

When i started playing from the get go, on XB 360 i would use marksman rifle the first unlocked when choosing character, i would attach silencer and red dot, i never used IED or secondary for (EG) flash i had no pistol so that i could use all stealth perks.

I did not camp at least not in the hardcore sence, i may stop spot for a few, call out and maybe kill a couple then move on...

I had my K/D bang on a 3.00 K/D not sure of the win loss never cared to look at that to much my accuracy was somewhere between 14 and 20, it fluctuated dependant on skill speed of enemys and ofcourse my tracking skills.

Since moving to XB1 when it was still relitively new out it started of really well infact i would go as far as to say, probably some of the most accurate none laggy games i had ever played that probably lasted 3 days at most before something changed and it decreased rapidly im now sat at somewhere in the region of 1.54 possibly less and barely clinging on to it.

Gamer tag - PGCD Durand - XB1 feel free to look me up i could always do with getting on board with a squad or team that sports a challanging way of playing tactically etc. be it a slow advance with call outs kills etc or run and gun type with call outs, also would just be nice to be in a team i care not how good you are or bad.

Together i am sure we can get better and reward ourselves with good games taking the rough with the smooth, feel free to add me.

Level 6

3.19 KDR and 7.2 W/L

And there are guys on the forum that know I don't camp.

Level 25

in reply to DocChoi

To be fair to him, it really isn't hard to pad KD in this game so, although he's probably only played a small number of games (being a new account), I couldn't just automatically assume that he's lying...especially as I don't know him.

I started playing CoD in Nov 13 with MW3, and as you might assume I didn't do too well. My KD there currently sits at around 1.2, with something like a 17.5% accuracy LOL, after grinding out around 40k kills, and I never earned a MOAB. A month later, my pre-ordered PS4 arrived and I started playing Ghosts, where I started out breaking even at best in most games. However it didn't take me too long to get comfortable with the game, and after 20k kills my most used weapon was the USR (sniping was fantastic in this game before the nerfs, harder than MW3 but perfectly balanced), because that provided the most fun for me. I have some randomly saved screenshots for some reason (I think my friend wanted to see how I was doing in comparison to his own progress on X360 Ghosts), but one shows that after 134 hours played and at 10th prestige I was up to 1.73KD with my USR, though after the nerf the MTAR soon took over, and by 212 hours played I was up to 1.92KD. Another shows that it took me 253 hours of playtime to reach 2KD (I had just joined a clan at the time, so I was playing in a party half of the time), with the R5 as my most used weapon. I was pretty happy with my progress at this time.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, and before resetting my stats I was at 2.2. Now sat at 293 hours played, I'm at 3.85, though of course not a huge amount of time has been spent on there, so it doesn't say much. However, I have had another account for several months now (initially intended as a race to 10th prestige account via Cranked, but that's dead so it's now just my warm up/solo TDM account for use outside of Clan Wars), and after 13k kills/60 hours played I'm at 3.34KD and it's mostly fluctuating between 3.3 and 3.35.

Now I know full well that KD isn't an absolute statement about someone's skill level, and it means nothing to me against having fun. For this reason (and I'm sure you already know this Doc, having seen many of my old posts ), I absolutely never camp and never stop moving, and the main reason I get so frustrated with this game is the mass camping in seemingly every lobby (closely followed by lunge knifing, OMG the rage )

So, after writing such a seemingly pointless essay, I can say with certainty that Ape could well be telling the truth, but that's just an assumption. I know you know that you don't need to camp to end up with good stats anyway, because of your own. If I'm looking at the right profile on the Ghosts app, aren't you at 3.2 now? Yeah to be honest, I don't think I've seen Honey Badger camping and yet a stupid high WL ratio like that too often

Level 75

Studios