Suddenly, the whole enemy team can hear me thru Dead Silence AND have Dead Silence.

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Re: Suddenly, the whole enemy team can hear me thru Dead Silence AND have Dead Silence.

OK, I bought a digital audio cable and now I'm hearing footsteps in DTS with awesome quality.

For future reference: don't use the HDMI cable as a sound output one.

Level 8

Re: Suddenly, the whole enemy team can hear me thru Dead Silence AND have Dead Silence.

so... technically, dead silence does nothing more then cut your sound output range in half. so people have to be twice as close to you to hear you. amplify just makes it so you can here people twice as far away.

SO on tv speakers, it seems like your silent or very quiet but with a turtle beach or other kind of much better sound system you can hear them just fine, just at closer range.

Level 1

amplify counters dead silence

Level 10

in reply to jcostanzo27

correct, for some reason people do not understand or comprehend that everything has to have a counter

Level 10

in reply to W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

If everything must have a counter (your words not mine), than what is the counter to amplify? It sure is not dead silence.

Level 19

in reply to lewdmouth

a counter to amplify is amplify

Level 10
Highlighted

So using amplify makes others using amplify not able to hear your footsteps? If not, it's not a counter.

Level 19

in reply to lewdmouth

amplify allows you to hear their footsteps , and anyone who isnt using amplify.. if there DS was all quiet and none could hear it, then there would be no use to amplify, everyone would use DS and amplify would be useless.. if you feel so strongly about this, go checkout tmartns testing video, it actually shows that DS is more powerful than amplify

im thinking you just want to run around and have a jump on everyone, and no one can have a jump on you

Level 10

Amplify counters dead silence for the same reason Blast Shield counters Danger Close: it's a bit OP if no counters.

In HC Dead Silence and Amplify are practically a must as the stealth warz there are epic and even the very most quiet sound can turn a match around.

You must have in mind that Amplify is not just a Dead Silence counter: the hearing of footsteps boost is so great it's like you have your own radar.

Anyways, this post was about sound issues in my HDMI cable, since I switched to an optical audio one, both, Dead Silence and Amplify work great for me now. So everything else is kinda of out of topic here, but I'm thankful for the extra "Dead Silence and Amplify discussion" ^_^

Level 8

in reply to lewdmouth

there isnt one unless you count crouch walking. other than that considering that everything has a perk or equipment that counters it. that being said off the grind and incog don't have counter ether.

Level 22

Studios