The controller handles so much different than the 360 version, makes it unplayable

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

The controller handles so much different than the 360 version, makes it unplayable

If you played heavily on the 360 before the release of the x box one than may god help you.

The controller handles so much differently that it makes it almost impossible to play. It doesn't matter what sensitivity I put ( I used default on 360) it seems like i'm trying to turn my gun through quick sand.

Everything is soooooooooooo much slower and so touchy it makes me want to barf all over my lap.

I might just play this game exclusively on the 360 because the controller handles like complete dump.

Anyone else notice this, is it latency, hd lag, or did they just develop it like that? I hope its not the latter because its atrocious.

If you have any tips around this to make it feel more like the 360 PLEASE respond.

Thanks.

Level 1
37 REPLIES

Re: The controller handles so much different than the 360 version, makes it unplayable

in reply to RainMaker2911

I have noticed this slightly, but it is not really impacting my play too much, I have had some awful scoring games on the One but I have also had some very high scoring games, so the awful ones I have to put down to me not the controller.

I think some of the issue is the thimb sticks are in a slightly different place to what you are used to with the 360, which means our thumbs hit them different, which might explain why you are hitting it slower.

This is a new console and although the controller is not too much different it will still take time to adjust.

Level 3

Re: The controller handles so much different than the 360 version, makes it unplayable

in reply to lennyuk66

Heavy xbox player on cod..moved to xbox one controller spot on for me love it..not impacted my gameplay one bit

Level 16
Highlighted

in reply to Mess1ahBrowny

Same same....controller fine for gallp

Level 44

its definitely taking some getting used too , the fact that i cant use my control freeks on the new thumb sticks is making a massive difference to my aiming as well , its like learning all over again . will say that the new controller isn't as nearly as comfortable as the older controller , find myself getting cramp in the bottom two fingers on my right hand when holding the controller

Level 18

in reply to simonm

I feel ya . But  I researched freaks website and they are coming out for the one

Level 7

in reply to stayfrosty70

go to a office supply store, and find tiny rubber bands. If you use 4/5 of them, and criss-cross them under the joystick, it works perfectly.

Level 2

"Unplayable"....you're joking right???

The transition is seamless and you're officially the first person I've every heard complain this bad about the controller.

My advice is: go back to 360 or get a PS4. 

Level 1

in reply to OhNoShyGuy

Yea your right Just wish I  had my my control freaks for it

Level 7

in reply to stayfrosty70

Pre-ordered the freaks... they come out tomorrow! Can't wait

Level 1

Studios