Weird Glitch with the Ammo Crate

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Weird Glitch with the Ammo Crate

I don't know if anybody has had this happen to them before in game but it was strange. I was playing free for all and I was running a class with support streaks. I like the ammo crate because it frees me up from needing scavenger on a class and is a rather inexpensive streak on the way to ballistic vest.

Anyways I threw out a crate and traded out my pistol for a second primary.  Well anyways about 30 seconds later, I got the message "50 Weapon Taken".  This message refers to some bonus experience you get from the streak whenever a teammate takes a weapon from the ammo crate if you are not familiar with it.  Anyways, I have come across enemy ammo crates in this game mode many times and it doesn't allow you to take a weapon or restock since you are not on their team.  I am just curious if anybody has an explanation for this. 

I didn't mind, after all I got a little free exp for the weapon they took.  However, I am curious how somebody is getting a weapon out of my ammo crate without being on my team.   This was on xbox one.  It happened to me again 2 matches later as well. Any thoughts?

Level 10
5 REPLIES

Re: Weird Glitch with the Ammo Crate

in reply to darkrangeresp

I'm not 100%. But Sat-coms work differently in FFA so maybe AC is different as well.

Level 7

Any chance your next streak was Support Squadmate?  He'll take weapons from the crate- I make it a point of always running ammo crate and squadmate together, and dropping the crate right in front of him to make him deadlier.

Level 15

in reply to ChronoZombie

I figured it out.  I was not running the squad mate score streak.  However, one of my opponents was. Apparently the squad mates don't understand ownership in free for all. It seems that another players squad mate can take a weapon from the crate.  Thanks for putting me on this track.

Level 10

Bad enemy squadmate!  Not for you!

Level 15

when my squad mate sees enemy ammo crates he shoots them, I have never seen them take a gun from one.

However you are part of your team, more so in FFA, so surely you taking it counts. The sat coms do work different they sweap with just one, so I think its down to you taking them in FFA.

Level 5

Studios