Why Is Ghost So Outrageously Laggy ?

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Why Is Ghost So Outrageously Laggy ?

In all the cod games i have played lag has been apparent granted, BUT ever since "COD Black Ops" got released its gone down hill rapidly. I note that from rumours it had to do with a net code change, i do not know for sure if this an accurate truth but imo it does seem to be the most logical explanation.

How ever it would seem that at least black ops was somewhat playable, where as "COD Ghost" especialy on the XB1 is not i have had very few games that have not been dictated by lag. I can assure you from extensive testing with & with out microsoft (any other source of support is useless) that my speeds and packet rates are what some might term as over qualified. Thus meaning more than adaquately capable of playing this game (ports are open as is the DMZ option), yet this game still is unplayable.

There is no enjoyment just a bold spot where my hair used to be, and by far the worst mode i ever entered (keep in mind i am a hardcore player) i tried Clan match which ofcourse is CORE. Understandably it will take a couple more shots to put down an enemy granted, but the lag was so bad its shamefully unacceptable.

I do not know where in the world these people were located and tbh i dont quite care, when you pay the money to play and its practically useless it should not even be on shelfs let alone having the release of DLC content.

Can someone please enlighten me as to what the hell these people are doing, or have done to ruin such a game (as previously mentioned) lag has always been apparent but NEVER to this degree its embarrassingly obvious and im pretty sure for this game at least it will not get fixed, i dont believe there capable of this.

Not to mention that any future games are completely of my radar, if there is but 1 game that has my attention it is "Tom Clancy's - Devision" due for release in 2015, as yet i must say regardless of new gen console having not long been released the games are severely lacking full stop imo.

So what are your opinions and how do you deal with the lag Ghost emits ?

Level 6
18 REPLIES

Re: Why Is Ghost So Outrageously Laggy ?

in reply to Sliktrax

I never really had a problem with lag in Ghost. Every once in awhile one person brings the whole lobby down into a slow, laggy game, but not too often.

Level 43

Re: Why Is Ghost So Outrageous Lag ?

in reply to Sliktrax

The lag is haunting you like a Ghost #Lag the ghost

Level 20

in reply to Sliktrax

Worst on-line multiplayer hands down. I've had far more laggy games than clean ones with this game. Don't expect anything different from AW even though they extensively advertise their multiplayer. Just an advertising gimmick, or as I like to call it, a sham.

Level 12

in reply to Sliktrax

I own this game on both the PS4 and the XBox One.  I notice very little if any lag on my PS4 copy when playing online.  My XBox One, on the other hand, lags in EVERY match I play.  For this reason alone I know it's not my internet connection and every connection test I run on my XBox One comes back with a ping latency of under 100 which is good and a connection strength running between 90% and 100%.  Yet every single game I get into my character is bouncing all over the place on the map.  Now I don't know if it's the "dedicated" servers they are using for the XBox One or if it's the people I'm being matched up with, but Ghosts on the XBox One has been by far the worst online experience I've had in the many years I've been playing COD.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to BrianBell

Your right and that is why i have no intention of buying the new "COD Advanced Warfare" i cant stomach anymore of this garbage there trying to feed us. What happened to good old war games like W@W or even MW2 it at least had an upgrade and worked well.

And this net code ball shit needs to stop i really am sorry to all the people with poor connections but tell me why should i suffer endless BS matches when i pay quite a hefty bill with the idea i can get the best speeds possible out of my game time for me and for everyone else if i should be host.

All COD games as stated have had some lag but this is by far the most redonkulous.

Level 6

in reply to Sliktrax

The laggy games have nothing to do with poor connections or anything like that.

The reason we are all getting laggy games is that IW in their infinite wisdom has decided to match people up for games from all over the world in the same match.

I have recently had several games where we have had people from USA, UK, Australia and Asia in the same game, so of course your going to have laggy games.

Matchmaking should be regional and not world wide.

Level 3

in reply to Salamanda-Sai

I did get into a game with some UK folks the other night. I did not see lag, but they sure were complaining about it. How can you tell who the "host" is? I am thinking it was me. I was showing all bars, but they were reporting 2 or 3.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to SweatDragon

I honestly have no clue buddy, sometimes i will have a game where its tolerable and i will do ok (i emphisise on OK) as its still bad but for the majority of games its horrendous especially considering the asking price for these games.

Level 6

in reply to Salamanda-Sai

TBH i used to play COD W@W & MW2 with my good friend PGCD Duke Nukem whom is from the US and play others from his side of town NEVER had issues like this, its only gone down hill since the so called net code change on  COD B.O 1 and gotton progressively worse as time has gone on.

Level 6

Studios