XBOX COD:GHOST Nat Type Strict

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

XBOX COD:GHOST Nat Type Strict

Hey guys I don't know whats going on I have the best net I could possibly have!
I have Nat Type: Open on my xbox settings
And as soon as I come onto call of duty ghost it says NAT TYPE Strict!

Please fix the problem it is really starting to annoying me and a lot of others not being able to play with each other online!
like codghost need an update for internet and what not! its annoying and needs to be fixed

Level 1
32 REPLIES

Re: XBOX COD:GHOST Nat Type Strict

in reply to JUZZYYO

How is your modem set up. Wired/wireless?,,,  Upnp/Port Forward or DMZ? Do you have more than one console in your house? Have you got a Static IP for your console?

I have found it more critical to have the X1 set up optimally with my modem - compared to the 360.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

Yo dude my modem is right next to my xbox I have it wired with a $60 dollar Ethernet cord ive tried wired and wireless go into my xbox live setings shows open nat type go into codghost shows strict (I can play battlefield 4 fine with my mates and do whatever I want its this game dude)

Level 1

in reply to JUZZYYO

Just like the OP said. Make sure this is off "Upnp" in your settings on your router. Check out the Activision site for set up details. I did this back in BO1 and I never changed it since. I have always had open NAT on all CoD games. Also, I play with a wired connection.

Level 48

in reply to FalconR6

Modem???? You mean router. I just read something similiar on another thread. Are you in the US? On a cable connection, the cable line goes from the wall to the modem. From the modem it goes to your router. Your xone is connected to the router. Unless you are using DSL. DSL sucks IMO for gaming.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

Sorry mate, I'm so use to having a modem/router combo that I just refer to it as "modem". But good point, I should use tech terms more properly so not to confuse anyone.

I'm from the land downunder. Also have DSL ! ( about 6down, 0.8 up). Living in the sticks it is the best I can get - until the fibre optic is rolled out to my area. The one thing I know is that optimizing your console and router for making your connection stable and unimpeded, is much more important than bandwidth when it comes to gaming. 

________

in reply to FalconR6

Oh man! DSL is really bad, especially in Ghosts. They toned down the lag comp in this one because people flipping out about it in BO2. Now people with better connections and host will have less issues.

On a side note, I have family in Melbourne. Awesome country!

Level 48

in reply to FalconR6

How is your modem set up. Wired/wireless?,,,  Upnp/Port Forward or DMZ? Do you have more than one console in your house? Have you got a Static IP for your console?

I have found it more critical to have the X1 set up optimally with my modem - compared to the 360.

type of modem: dlink 4500 gamerlounge

1. Im hard wired

2. none

3. i have 3 xbox ones

4. no

Really need help with this my only work around that has work is deleting my router from my computer and starting all over like i just opened it from buying it from the store.  Any help with this would be greatly apperciated

Level 1

in reply to fatbysl1

Wow dude, three X1's. With two I'd suggest - one in DMZ and one Port Forwarded.

OK - I don't want to give you false information. What I can tell you for sure - give each console a separate Static IP - this will keep your overall system stable. (if you Port Forward with a dynamic IP - ends up opening to nothing when dynamic IP ( as name suggests, changes).

Please follow a link I put in below - "a normal persons guide to..."

My guess - you should probably be using port "triggering" ,, rather than "forwarding".

I have never had to use port triggering, so I don't want to give you guessed info on how to do it.

But, I hope I've set you on the right path.

Merry Christmas mate, just hold off on playing all consoles at once - could find yourself in a bit of bother.

________

in reply to FalconR6

thanks dude i will try this although not to techy again thanks

Level 1

Studios