Xbox One (Requires HDTV) to Use

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Re: Xbox One (Requires HDTV) to Use

in reply to JobIessMoney

On a regular tv, they still do exist and a very large portion of gamers still use them becuase there is no video lag on them for not all hdtv's are game friendly.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

While a standard TV might not create latency, it certainly does make it harder to make out opponents at a distance because the picture isn't clear or crisp. It might have an advantage, but it has it's disadvantages as well. I don't really notice much of a difference between televisions when I am playing, but my TVs all have a high enough refresh for the games. If they ever go over 60 fps, I might need to change televisions, but I doubt that will happen.

Level 12

Wow, those people are true, world-class idiots.

Level 8

in reply to Submit2MyWill

Not really, not everyone needs or requires an hdtv to play a game and have fun if you think it is required to do so than you are truly the world class idiot.

Level 70

trialstardragon wrote:

Not really, not everyone needs or requires an hdtv to play a game and have fun if you think it is required to do so than you are truly the world class idiot.

Well, not everyone needs a cell phone or electricity, but they sure are nice to have. I never said you need an HDTV to have fun; you inserted your own bias into that.

Using a tube TV in order to avoid video lag is like gouging out your eye in order to avoid an eye injury. You may not have video lag, but now you just can't see enemies at distance.

Why not get a quality HDTV that has no lag?

Level 8

in reply to Submit2MyWill

Becasue not everyone wants to spend the extra money on a tv just for a game console to play games on. Not everyone feels it is as important as some do.

I dont need the longer distance viewing. I play to a short/medium range game and keep the the parts of maps that allow it for it. So no need for a hdtv for me to play a game. And only really in fps games is is needed, you dont need it for rts, racing, rpg, fighting games; which I also play as well. So there is no real reason to buy it just for one game genre.

Level 70

They why did you even bother to buy a current gen system? The whole point of buying the new systems is for graphics and for the new and exciting games. The Xbox and ps3 were the first consoles to have 1080p graphics (I know the games aren't in 1080p) but you know what I mean.

Playing on an SD TV is pointless then because you are missing the capabilities of the system. Why not just stick to the ps2 and first Xbox. It's basically a waste of money to buy a current gen or next gen system and play on an SD TV. I understand if you are moving or using a roommates TV and something like that but if you are playing on an SD TV permanently then it's a huge waste of money to buy the HD systems.

Level 30

in reply to illstplaya2live

People buy the new systems primarily to play the games, and the graphics come with it. It's not like you can only buy next gen consoles for games AND HD graphics. It's not a huge waste if they want to play on a standard def TV, especially since the consoles still run on them. If they bought a next gen console, then maybe you could say that because then they couldn't actually use the system with a standard def TV. But either way I think you're taking it a little too personal what TV people play their consoles on lol HDTVs are awesome of course but hey if someone is using an older TV then consider it an advantage for you tht you can see extra clear details on your TV lol

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to illstplaya2live

The whole reason is not just for the higher graphics but the games themselves. Not everyone requires the latestes newest graphics to play a game and have fun.

It is not pointless to do either at all. It does not matter if wont be seen and the highest level, it is not always graphics that makes a game fun or exciting it is the game itself and how it plays not just how it looks.

Level 70

in reply to I_Am_Undeniable

Its like $199 for a 30 inch 720p HDTV, if you can afford an X1 that is twice that amount, you can buy a HDTV first. Its not a big deal. Put it another way, instead of buying 3 new games, buy a tv instead.

Level 25

Studios