Xbox One (Requires HDTV) to Use

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Re: Xbox One (Requires HDTV) to Use

in reply to NoLifeKing29

Not everyone can buy both, nor should they have to buy one before the other either. I can afford an x1 or a newer hdtv, but not both at the same time. I am not going to get the one and then have to spend more money just to get the other just because some people think it makes the game better.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

The PS4 will have this as well, so clearly they think that at this point, if you're going to be getting these systems, you're serious about gaming, and they feel that if you're serious about gaming, you have a good gaming set up, which includes an HDTV.

PS. Read this thread, which explains video lag and what actually makes it occur. It occurs from a game's video quality being upscaled by your television. So, if you're playing a game that runs at 720p, and your TV only puts out at 1080p, then you're going to experience lag. My Television however adjusts it's output depending on what I am doing. If I am watching television and on an HD channel, it runs at 1080p. However, when I am playing say, MLB 13, it drops down to 720p. So guys, if you get a television that will adjust itself to what game you're playing or what movie you're watching, you'll be perfectly fine, no matter the screen size. I also run my television on Game Mode. The only way I will experience lag is if I play a seriously old game that doesn't support HD.

HDTVs and Video Game Lag: The Problem and the Solution.

Level 12

in reply to SoG_Hanix_PC

Not everyone that plays games is a serious gamer, so not everyone is going to invest heavily on a game system setup just for the highest level of graphics in a game to be seen. Regardless of what some may think that is now how all gamers are or ever will be.

Plus I know what causes the video lag in games. I wrote a topic on it a log time ago in one of the other forums about how there was more than just internet lag causing problems for some people in the games.

My hdtv is about 3-4 years old it does not auto adjust between the two and I am not going out and buying a new one that does when the tv still works fine for what it is mainly used for watching tv and movies. my hdtv has a built in dvd player, not a blue ray either. It was mainly meant for watching movies and tv.

Level 70

They're not that expensive. Best Buy's brand name tv is the one that I have and it cost me 300 bucks last year around this time. So affordable ones are out there, and my tv is a 42 inch. I didn't go spend 600 to 1000 bucks on a name brand television. Also, while yes, gameplay is the most important thing, if you can enjoy that same gameplay on a high quality television that is affordable and won't cause lag, why wouldn't you?

Level 12

in reply to SoG_Hanix_PC

I wont really be using the X1 for online game play, I will mainly be playing rpg games or racing games like forza which I dont play online. So it will not be an issue for me really.

I have played pc games on a laptop that barely allows the game to play at minimum settings and never really cared about it either. I play eve online and neverwinter online both only run at low settings on my laptop but that does not reduce the fun of playing the games for me at all.

I come from the age of gaming before such things as hd graphics was even considered possible, I grew up not needing it to play games at all. Yes it may make them look better, but that is not a requirement for me to play the game and have fun.

it seems like so many people think that if you are playing new games you have to have the latest graphics for them or should not be playing them.. and that is just wrong and a bit elitist and arrogant to act like it is so(not calling you either of those).

Level 70
Highlighted

Re: Xbox One (Requires HDTV)  to Use

Yeah dude, you're never going to see me playing games in real 3D.

Level 12

trialstardragon wrote:

Not everyone can buy both, nor should they have to buy one before the other either. I can afford an x1 or a newer hdtv, but not both at the same time. I am not going to get the one and then have to spend more money just to get the other just because some people think it makes the game better.

Plenty of time to buy the tv before the system even comes out. If you can't afford to spend an extra 200 bucks in the next 4 months, then you don't need to be buying a new gaming system.

Level 25

in reply to NoLifeKing29

That is your opinion and not truth. A lot of people cannot buy both and will be saving up for the one but will not have enough extra for a tv just for it. Plus it is not needed unless you only care about the graphics and that is not the only reason to buy it. I don't care if I don't have stellar graphics to look at, I play the game not because of how it looks but how it plays. graphics are a bonus not a requirement to play the game and have fun.

Level 70

in reply to I_Am_Undeniable

I'm dying of laughter at the people saying ya don't need and hdtv. Ya ok enjoy your sub par expirience, washed out shitty looking graphics and terrible sound, cause you can't put a decent surround system in.

Level 6

in reply to Vekta671

High graphics are the not the only reason to play games if you think so then you truly are a sad person and never have played the older systems. It is about game play mechanics and how it plays that should matter the most, not how it looks. The best looking game in the world would not be the best just because it looked good if the game mechanics sucked on it.

Level 70

Studios