so what are player numbers like?

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Re: so what are player numbers like?

in reply to r8edtripx

r8edtripx wrote:

I think the numbers are fun to look at, but the numbers will have exponentially more weight as we get closer to the holidays. I'm definitely curious.

Not the best numbers they've had at this point after release and before the holidays.

I agree that it might increase after the holidays, but not exponentially. 

Level 40

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

r8edtripx wrote:

I think the numbers are fun to look at, but the numbers will have exponentially more weight as we get closer to the holidays. I'm definitely curious.

Not the best numbers they've had at this point after release and before the holidays.

I agree that it might increase after the holidays, but not exponentially.

I didn't mean the numbers would increase, but more along the lines that whatever numbers we do see after the holidays would carry significantly more weight.

I'll post new numbers sometime this weekend, so we can get a better idea of how COD Ghosts is doing. Maybe a little insight into the future of COD?

Level 21

in reply to belly120

These games make a billion in sales and only a couple hundred thousand players are online at any given time? Makes no sense.

You think there would be millions. Not just 100k on ps3 on the latest COD release. Seems wrong.

Level 1

in reply to camjohn1

I always thought that strange too. Surely not that many people play campaign only.

Level 6

in reply to camjohn1

Ghosts was not even close to a billion in sales. THey shipped a billion dollars worth of COD lego sets, games, headsets, t shirts and merchandise to stores. The sales are likely about half of what BO2 did. Judging by player counts, it might even be lower than that. Don't forget to add in the average 5000 players per night on the PC....Yes, its that bad.

Level 2

in reply to camjohn1

It makes perfect sense. This game is the worst CoD to date. It only takes 1 or 2 games to realize how broken it is and you're better off spending your time doing something that you'll actually enjoy. If I want to be frustrated i'll go to work.

Level 12

in reply to belly120

Im just so amazed that theres so few people playing n the next gen consoles .. is everyone waiting for xmas to get one or do people not want a next gen console ?

Level 18

in reply to simonm

ps4s are sold out till next year in australia, i had to buy a xbone -______-

Level 2

in reply to hottoddler

I did the same here in the states. PS4's are sold out everywhere in my area. I came from PS3 too. I just wish the player counts were at least double what they presently are. I'm sure they are worse in Australia than the US.

Look at the bright side.....we get titanfall!!!!

Level 48
Highlighted

in reply to belly120

No trouble getting games from Australis, though many internationals in lobbies. More so than 360. Lag is quite managable.

Level 44

Studios