Community Spotlight - SA_Taxi

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Highlighted

Community Spotlight - SA_Taxi

badge.png

The Community Spotlight showcases community members who are incredibly helpful within the Community Forums and Ambassador Chat.

This month, we have the pleasure of presenting an Ambassador who has been a friendly and helpful presence in the program, SA_Taxi.

-

Q: Tell us a little about yourself and how you got into gaming.Kilikina3resize.png

A: I got into gaming from one of my good friends. We would hang out at her house and play on N64 and PS2, and we would play Mario Kart, 007 Golden Eye, Guitar Hero, GTA Vice City. When I was about ten years old, my parents got me my first gaming system which was a PS2. Ever since then I became instantly hooked on video games. I've been a Playstation gamer my whole life because it's what I grew up playing. Smiley Happy

I guess I should also mention that I sometimes go by another name in gaming circles, “Kilikina” which is Hawaiian for “Christina." I love Hawaii!

Q: Where did you get your love for Hawaii? Is it because of your name?

A: So I've been to Hawaii twice. Once when I was younger, probably about 5th grade and then I went a 2nd time for my Make A Wish Trip in 2010/2011. I fell in love with Hawaii during the Make A Wish trip because it was truly an amazing experience for me. I was feeling better in between chemo treatments, and I had such a great time being away from home, being somewhere where I felt good. The atmosphere is just incredible. I didn’t want to leave, and it was probably the best vacation of my whole life. So, this is where my love for Hawaii all began.

Q: What is the story behind your name “SA_Taxi” & Gamertag "cancerslayer09?"

A: SA_Taxi stands for San Andreas Taxi, which is one of the first crews I joined in GTA V. It was a cool group of people, and I was in the crew right around the time I got my first COD game. So when I made an Activision account, I used that as my name. For my Gamertag, "cancerslayer09" I am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed in 2009 when I was 16 years old. The name just stuck, and I use it for all things gaming. Most people don't understand the username, so I get asked about it all the time in games. I also mention it in my gaming bios.

Q: What made you decide to become an Activision Ambassador and what do you enjoy most about the program?

A: I found out about the Ambassador program on a Facebook gamer group. One of the Ambassadors posted a picture of contest items, and I asked about the program and what they do. It sounded cool to me to be able to help fellow gamers. I've always loved Activision games, and I’m familiar with most of them. My favorite parts about the program would have to be talking to and getting to know all my fellow Ambassadors, as well as helping out fellow gamers from around the world. It’s an excellent experience. Game nights are by far my favorite because it's fun getting together as an Ambassador community and playing some Call of Duty after a long week.

Q: What is your all-time favorite video game and why is it so amazing? (Doesn’t have to be an Activision game)

A: Well I can't pick just one. I have two all-time favorites because these were the first few games I ever played. The first game is Guitar Hero. GH was one of the first games I ever played, and I was instantly hooked. I always wanted to play guitar and Guitar Hero was probably the closest I got. There were always a ton of good songs in the games as well, which was cool. My second favorite game would probably be Grand Theft Auto Vice City, as this was the other game I got into when I first started gaming. It's fun because there’s so much to do and it never gets annoying. GTA Vice City also got me hooked on the series. When I bought a PS3, I got GTA V and fell in love with the series all over again because the graphics were way better (obviously) and they added a lot more to do in the game. It's also fun to just cruise around and listen to jams on the radio.

kilikinapic2resize.pngQ: What are some of your hobbies outside of gaming?

A: This is all over the place, but for starters, I enjoy winter time. I'm a huge hockey fan, and I love going to games. I'm a Chicago Wolves (AHL) & St. Louis Blues (NHL) fan. You know I'm a huge fan because I'm one of those people who is always cheering, yelling, and having a great time. I also love snowboarding. I try to go as much as I can when I am at home. Besides wintertime, I also enjoy swimming. Pools are very relaxing to me, and it’s good to just go for a swim and have some fun in the deep end. I also enjoy going the beach, when I'm out of Illinois because we don't have any decent beaches. Lastly, I love binge watching Wentworth on Netflix.

Q: What is your favorite game mode in a COD game and why? (This could be Domination, Capture the Flag, etc.)

A: I have two favorite game modes. The first one would have to be Prop Hunt from MWR. I love how unique it is, and there's nothing like it. I enjoy the Hide & Seek feel, and I hope to see it stick around awhile. The other game mode would have to be “Infected” in Infinite Warfare. Infected is probably one of the only game modes I'm am excellent at playing. I also like how it’s fast paced, so if you’re short on time, you can fit in multiple rounds.

Q: What’s your favorite prop in Prop Hunt?

A: There are many good props, but my favorite would have to be the car. When playing prop hunt I spawned as the car multiple times, and at first, I hated it because I thought it was going to be super obvious, but I had some great hiding spots where the car blended in perfectly. There was one match where I had like five enemies walk past me, and they didn't even acknowledge the car. Instead, they were busy chasing after a moving chair. Which brings me to another reason why I love prop hunt - because it is so funny watching trees, light posts, chairs and anything else just randomly moving around.

kilikinapic1resize.pngQ: Do you have any pets? What kind?

A: Yes, I have a dog named Cody. He is a Westie (also known as a West Highland Terrier.)

He's my baby boy. He's with me through some hard times in my life. And I don't know where I would be today without him. I hate being so far away from him when I'm away at school.

Q: What would you say is your greatest achievement as a gamer?

A: I would say becoming more involved in the gaming community! At first, I wasn't as involved in anything. I became more interested in streaming on Twitch than I previously was. Also, becoming an Activision Ambassador to help fellow gamers. I recently joined my first two gaming teams (Solar System Gaming) & (Team Emmmmsie) which is exciting, and I'm hoping to get more involved. I've also applied for gaming sponsorships for the first time. I haven't heard anything yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and I’m just happy to have the chance to apply for sponsorships.

Q: You always remain active when helping people, so what advice would you give to other members of the community when dealing with a difficult situation?

A: When dealing with a difficult situation, If someone is giving you a hard time don't let them get to you. Always give that person your best effort, and if you are unsure of a situation (or what to do) ask Sean or Ariel, the Mods, or any of the other Ambassadors. We are like one big family, and we are here to help one another. From my experience, when I started out as an Ambassador I was afraid to take chats related to in-game bans because I was unsure how the visitor would react. After being in the program a few weeks, I started warming up to them because Sean, Ariel, and all the other Ambassadors explained what to do in those situations, which made me feel a lot better. Do not be afraid to ask questions. As I mentioned, we are all here to help one another.

-

Congratulations, SA_Taxi.

Thank you for being an awesome part of our great community!

-The Activision Community Team

Community Coordinator
3 REPLIES

Re: Community Spotlight - SA_Taxi

in reply to _Pwnies_

Congratulations!!Smiley HappySmiley Happy

"We have met the enemy and he is us."
-Walt Kelly
Level 57

in reply to BrainDead6666

Thank you!! Smiley Very Happy 

Activision Ambassador

in reply to cancerslayer

I got you covered in the MWR forum because we are cooler over there... Community-Spotlight-SA-Taxi  Smiley Wink

Congratz over here too! Smiley Happy

Level 75

Studios