Call of Duty Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Highlighted

Community Spotlight - TopFighter

The Community Spotlight showcases community members who are found to be helpful in the Community Forums or Ambassador Chat.badge.png

The Activision Community Team chooses the recipient, and the beneficiaries are featured within the community and given a spiffy care package for their actions.

This month, we decided to mix it up a bit and present a familiar face we’ve all seen around the forums. When this beast is not busy carrying teams in Infinite Warfare, he spends his free time cruising the community, making sure it’s a safe, friendly space.

TopFighter has been a long-standing and active member of the community, who also happens to be a Moderator!

-

TopFighter1.png

Q: Tell us about yourself and how you got into gaming.

A: I don’t recall the exact period I entered the gaming world. It feels as though I have been mashing buttons on controllers or keyboards my entire life. Some of my earliest recollections involve Duck Hunt and Ecco the Dolphin. Classic games developed by Humongous Entertainment for PC, such as Putt-Putt, Spy Fox, Backyard Sports, and Pajama Sam, contributed immensely towards my love for gaming. However, like many of you out there, Goldeneye is what catapulted me into the hardcore world. Staying up late enjoying four player split-screen with friends and goofing around with cheats in the campaign was priceless.

It may come as a surprise, but my first war-based game was Battlefield 1942. The combination of visuals and the iconic soundtrack in the intro video blew me away. After a couple of years, I desired something more, so I turned to Call of Duty 2 and never looked back.

Q: How did you become a moderator and how long have you been moderating?

A: My obsession towards Call of Duty 2 was robust until rumors reached me that a modern day Call of Duty was in the works (I skipped Call of Duty 3 because I only had a PC at the time, but went back and played it on the Wii). Eventually, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare introduced itself to the World, and CharlieOscarDelta was born.

I joined the website in May 2007 for the challenges and the chance to win some cool prizes. My forum participation was limited considering I was only 14 at the time and my posts were usually a couple of incoherent sentences. As my education advanced throughout the years, my forum presence increased with each passing Call of Duty. I became heavily engaged with the community and was able to provide more detailed support to fellow gamers. My actions became noticed over time, and an offer was presented to become a moderator, which I accepted February of 2013.

Q: What are some of your favorite games?  Which COD title is your favorite?

A: There are a plethora of games out there that I enjoy playing – Call of Duty (duh!), Battlefield, Assassin’s Creed, Rocket League, The Division (love/hate relationship), BioShock, Fallout, Grand Theft Auto, and Skyrim.

My favorite Call of Duty would have to be Black Ops III. I have logged over 30+ days of play time and achieved rank 1000 in about five months, ranking top 50 in the world.  It is also one of the few Call of Duty titles that I could consistently party up with five other friends to decimate the opposing team.

Q: What tips would you give to those interested in becoming a Moderator?

A: Check your facts and sources! It is a public forum! There is nothing more embarrassing than when a moderator posts incorrect information. The last thing you want is having flawed material traced back to you. Ask for assistance if needed.

Also, be respectful to your fellow gamer! Avoid activity that would shed negativity on your character. If someone is causing you frustration, step back, take a breath, and dive back into the issue with an open mind. Remember – we are all gamers and have all encountered problems somewhere along the line. Put yourself in their shoes and understand their frustration.

Q: What is your favorite part about being a moderator? What do you find most challenging?

A: Knowing that I can make a difference in the community. The most difficult concept is having to solve complications that arise on the forum. Each problem is unique and requires a different approach. Going about it the wrong way can escalate the situation and cause a headache for the rest of my team.

Q: Between work, gaming & moderating what else do you do in your spare time?

A: Back in March I finally gave into the relentless peer pressure from my friends and downloaded Pokémon Go. I have since invested a considerable amount of time into the game, joining Team Instinct and currently at level 25. I walked 48.73 miles (78.42 km) in a single week between work and Pokémon Go.

Music is a passion of mine. I played clarinet for seven years through school while taking piano lessons briefly on the side. Although I have retired the clarinet, I still enjoy developing my skills on the piano. I have the ability to crank out a few tunes, but I am no Beethoven.

Airsoft used to be a frequent pastime of mine, but it has become much more challenging since friends moved away, left for college, or joined the military. We would go out almost every other week to battle it out. Now we typically only have the time and bodies during summer.

Q: What keeps you active in the forums?

A: My love for Call of Duty and community interaction! The ability to share my passion with thousands of other individuals is an amazing feeling.

Q: What was it like attending COD XP?
TopFighter2.png

A: It was an extraordinary experience. COD XP was my first major event I had the pleasure of attending that was related to CoD. I was finally able to put faces to Twitter handles and meet some of the developers. Having the opportunity to play Infinite Warfare a couple of months before release was intriguing, especially when comparing it to the final game.

Climbing to the top of the zip line tower brought more dread than I expected. Propelling oneself from a ladder to fly across pavement 100 feet below typically goes against human instinct, but I did it anyways. However, that was the first and only time.

The scorching sun resulted in many burns throughout my epidermis. Was it worth it? Absolutely! In the end, I managed to collect all the patches, where they are now framed and hanging on my wall.

Q: What is your favorite thread and why?

A: The Community Forum Guidelines & Etiquette because that is the one I seem to visit most often – for reasons.
TopFighter3.png
Q: We heard that you love animals, do you have any pets?

A: How did you know? I have a rat terrier named Buddy. We found him a few years ago wandering around the neighborhood without a collar. No one claimed him, even after putting up “Found” posters locally and in the newspaper, so we decided to keep him. He likes attention and will continuously stab at you with his muzzle until he receives the affection he requires.

Q: What is your greatest gaming achievement?

A: Having the opportunity to attend CoD XP.

Q: If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?

A: Flying. Imagine how much money you could save! No gas, insurance, government expenses, or maintenance fees! You will also be able to avoid all traffic and arrive at your destination in a hurry.

-

Congratulations, TopFighter! Thank you for all the effort you put into making our community a safe, friendly space.

Community Coordinator
2 REPLIES

Re: Community Spotlight - TopFighter

in reply to Seanicus23

Congrats Topfighter! 

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Im_Old_School

Re: Community Spotlight - TopFighter

in reply to Im_Old_School

Thanks!

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator