Call of Duty Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Highlighted

Community Spotlight - WonderCOD

The Community Spotlight showcases community members who are found helpful within the Community Forums and/or Ambassador Chat. The Activision Community Team chooses the recipient, and the beneficiaries of this honor are featured within the community and given a spiffy care package to boot. 

image004.png

This month, we decided to spotlight a member of our Ambassador program who’s been with us a little over a year now. When he’s not assisting his fellow gamers, he can be found playing a game of football with friends or chasing around his pet tortoise.

-

Q: Tell us about yourself and how you got into gaming.

A: I first got into gaming with the original PlayStation. At the time, I played for hours on end. The first game I remember playing was a WWF wrestling game. The controls were difficult at first, but after playing a few matches I got used to it. I then moved on to the Nintendo GameCube and used to play Mario Kart with my friends when they came over. Next, I went on to play on Xbox 360 as there are some classics which I still play to this day. I currently play on PS4.

Q: What keeps you active in the Ambassador program?

A: Knowing that I am helping people with their problem, even if it's just a simple question or issue. It's also great meeting new people in the program and making friends. You can ask each other for support tips, and everyone in the program is happy to help.

Q: Would you mind explaining the origin of your Ambassador name?

A: I used to use the phrase “wonder” in lots of things. It’s something I could remember easily, and I have used it in a few of my usernames up to this day. It has stuck by me in everything I do.

Q: What are some of your favorite games?

A: I am very fond of Sonic related games, as I played them as a kid and it was a significant part of my life growing up. I have played Sonic Advance on my Gameboy which I enjoy a great deal. Now, I play a lot of FPS games like Rainbow Six Siege and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. I like them because I enjoy the action first-hand, where everything is happening right in front of you, and you need to make split-second decisions to lead the team to victory.

Q: Which COD title is your favorite, and why? Do you have a favorite game mode? 

A: My favorite Call Of Duty title has to be Infinite Warfare. The campaign was action-packed, and the storyline is superior to other COD campaigns in my opinion. I was hooked after completing the first mission and wanted to know where it would take me.

Q: Any games you’re looking forward to playing?

A: I look forward to playing Call of Duty: WWII. It’s returning to its roots with boots on the ground, and it looks fast paced, which I love with FPS games. I also look forward to playing Destiny 2 as I used to play the first Destiny a lot. From what I’ve seen in the Beta, the game has a lot of potential to it. 

Q: Do you have any hobbies outside of gaming?

A: I play football on weekends with my friends. We meet in the football fields and just do some mini matches. I play defense, and occasionally goalkeeper if needed. I’ve been playing for a couple of years, mainly just for fun and playing with friends, but I occasionally participate in competitions.

Taylor1.jpgQ: Do you have pets? Give us some details.

A: I have a tortoise. He's five year’s old and is very fast even though tortoises should be slow. His name is Mr. Flintstone, and he’s a Horsefield Tortoise. They can age up to 75 years or more. He's probably the cutest reptile I have seen. He likes to go into corners and just sleep. If it's sunny, he just sunbathes in the light until he needs to cool off.

Q: What is your greatest gaming achievement?

A: I have had a couple of accomplishments I am proud of, but the one I’m most proud of happened in Rainbow Six Siege. It was 1v5 and as my teammates died right in front of me, my heart started racing. I got a 2-man headshot and killed another two people, all with little ammo while knifing the last guy. The whole team sent me messages afterward saying how awesome it was.

Q: How big of an impact have video games had on your life?

A: It has had a huge impact. I’ve had the opportunity to play with so many new people and discovered you could meet friendly people playing casually. Most people I’ve met I have kept in contact with and we have had some great times with great memories.

-

Congratulations, Taylor! Thank you for being such an active presence in the program!

Community Coordinator

Studios