Getting the Most out the Double XP weekend:

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Getting the Most out the Double XP weekend:

I know this game can feel grindy.  We will likely have double xp until they reset the contracts on Tuesday. I thought I would offer a topic about how to maximize your xp gain over the next couple of days for those who want it.    The first thing to consider is your game mode.  If you have double XP tokens you want to head into Domination or Hardpoint.  Once you are their, you want to plant your rear end on the objectivs and play them as hard as you can.  You make 125 points a kill on a flag and capping a flag is another 150. These games tend to last between 12 and 15 minutes, which means you can rack up quite a bit of xp in one game. Now, you could play 2 rounds of TDM counting the lobby time between games in the same interval.  However, a double xp token only doubles the amount of xp from one match and this allows you to almost double dip for the time investment. 

If you don't like those game modes or you don't have the double xp tokens.  Then you should head over to the KC/Frontline playlist.  In frontline kills are worth 125 xp each and in KC if you get the tag it makes a kill worth 125. Likewise if your teammates are killing long distance or get killed trying to get tags. You can collect the tags and get more xp for kills you didn't get.  All this adds up when double xp is in play. 

Class Building:

Make sure you are using an MK2 weapon if you have one.  Likewise if you are in the master prestiges and have the 30% bonus vs the normal 15% it's worth using a weaker variant or different weapon class for the xp boosts. The rest of your class really comes down to the type of player you are.  If you are a 1.5+ KD player, then you should go full try hard and get as many kills as you can.  If you aren't  then I would reccomend the build below as an alternative. 

Support pays dividends Build: 

Secondary Weapon: 

Spartan Launcher

Perk 1: Blind Eye

Perk 2: Hardline

Perk3: Engineer

Tactical Jammer Grenade

Lethal: Cluster Grenade

Rig: Warfighter Overdrive/Resupply 

Open Slots: 4

This build doesn't look overly appealing to most players, but it serves a very specific purpose.  The idea here is not to get kills, but to generate xp.  If you are not good at getting 15+ kills in a game, then your next best option is to go for support points.  A jammer grenade has a wide area of effect and if throw one ahead of a team mate. You will get 25 xp for every person they kill that the grenade touches.  That's 50 per assist with double xp or 100 with a token.  Likewise if an opponent has equipment on the map. You get 25 xp for every tripmine or cryo mine you destroy, not to mention striker's turrent.  With engineer you can see streaks and equipment through walls. This let's you know where to deploy your grenades to stock up on free points.  A jammer grenade will fry a micro turrent, vulture, shock sentry or scarab.  A cluseter grenade will destry anything that a jammer will as we. Taking out a streak will pay between 50 and 150 xp plus the 50xp for the medal all of which gets multiplied by 2 or 4 if you use a double xp token.  Warfighter's resupply will give you a fresh pair of grenades with every kill.

Shooting down a UAV or CUAV takes you out of the fight for 5 to 8 seconds. But it pays as much xp as 2 kills and UAVs don't fight back.  Likewise, blind eye will keep any AI controlled streaks from targeting you.  If you are running hardline the bonus 25 points from every assist add up quickly and can get you your own UAV/CUAV.  Likewise, your team is going be happy. If you have a decent slayer, they are going to do really well.  A jammer grenade can deprive an enemy camper of their equipment and hold them in place. Likewise if you send a cluster grenade their way they are going to have to move if they are not running blast shield. Even if they are it's hard to win a gunfight when you start it at 30 health.  Likewise, your slayers won't be getting randomly killed by micro turrents or other little AI streaks.  Finally, they won't lose their radars to the CUAVs or be on UAVs if you keep shooting them down.  This can let them reach their higher streaks and keep your team on the winning side of things for a higher match bonus. Overdrive tends to charge quickly with all the assist score and will let you cross the map quickly on a death. You also get an extra 25xp per kill when it's active. 

This leaves you 4 open slots. I suggest you spend them on a primary weapon with an attachment of your choice and another perk.  This class is designed to get assist points and support your team. It's not tailored to win gunfights. So, play it to it's purpose and pick your battles.  In my case I am running the Raijen-EMX rare variant with a quickdraw handle and gun-ho.  The SMG gives me an addition EMP greande from the underbarrel launcher and gun-ho let's me throw and cook grenades while sprinting.  Normally, when I get a kill if the oppent was using a weapon I am comfortable with, I swap out my SMG for their gun. A lot of players are stacking attachments to load up on kills for xp.  It's not hard to find an enemy gun and have a lot of attahcments that you didn't pay for.  

Level 31
11 REPLIES

Re: Getting the Most out the Double XP weekend:

in reply to darkrangeresp1
Good thread!
Personally I'm often on equipment duty. I've dropped it a bit over the last couple prestiges as I've been going a bit more tryhard.

This is *part* of the reason i *always* run a suppressor. All to often I'll come across trip mines or micro turrets when i have no nades left - i find showing on the mini map at that time ruins my flow, while staying off it allows me to carry on having claimed the free score. Even if the opponent notices that I've blown up their thing, they don't know where from - this can allow me a free kill as they come to investigate.

I'd also say that cluster grenades aren't the best choice if you're specifically out to destroy equipment. It's much harder to miss a turret with a TAR or C4 as they don't roll if you miss-time the cook. I like to run biospikes for those stylish end game kills and find they can work quite well for this task too - chaining explosives triggered by a TK is linda priceless.

Lastly, if you're comfortable taking things out with bullets and forgoing the jammer grenades, trophy drones can be a great source of XP, depending on game mode and how equipment-heavy your opponents are. Just a thought Smiley Wink
Level 32

in reply to AlmightyStarfire

That is why I like run RAW Incision wih a silencer for support classes.

When you shoot rockets at UAV's Wardens etc you are very vulnerable especially on the smaller maps.

With the Incision or other weapons you can stay fairly off the map when you are shooting score streaks.

Level 13

in reply to BertKK
I used to run the incision whenever i used the raw but now prefer other variants. I find it takes too long to shoot down aerial streaks, so I'd rather show up on the map there most of the time. Can always add ram servo to an otherwise better variant Smiley Happy
Level 32

Sometimes it is sometimes it's not.

like a UAV or CUAV only takes one rocket and you can fire and forget, but a warden takes 3 and then rockets take too long. They will usually find you before beeing done. With the RAW you can down one with a single magazine.

Level 13

I love the idea of staying off of the radar, and run silencers in core, but the only thing they have really done is increase my number of hitmarkers. I have no problem dying to suppressed weapons, though.

Level 46

in reply to mygamertagsucks
Lol you just need to he 10% closer to your target or be confident in hitting an extra shot.
Level 32

I have no doubt about that. I also need to stop approaching gunfights with a "let's see how bad this goes" mentality. It sounds dumb, but when I think I'm better than the other team, I do really well. 

Level 46

in reply to mygamertagsucks
Yeah psychology does play a big part tbh. Dangerous line to walk though - fine line between thinkig you should be winning your gun fights and throwing your controller at the telly ;p
Level 32

in reply to darkrangeresp1
I know I'm late here, but if you have the MKII Volk Corruption and have the 30% XP for MKII ARs, you earn 1.3 XP multiplier plus 50 XP from the Mo' Money medal when you get a kill using it. This basically turns it into a 1.8 XP multiplier for kills with this weapon. With Double XP, you earn 3.6, and with a Double XP Token on top of the Double XP, it turns it into a 7.2 XP multiplier (5.2 XP multiplier for kills plus 200 XP from the Mo' Money Medal). So in 10 kills, you've already earned 7,200 XP. I earned 90k XP from a single game of Dom one time during the Double XP event.
Level 27

Studios