Headsets A50's v Elite 800x

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Highlighted

Headsets A50's v Elite 800x

Ok I know this should be in off topic but know one looks on there.

I have always been a TB user and atm I have the X0 seven pro's. Again the plastic has broken on the ear cup holders while they are just out of warranty. I love the sound of TB headsets but I'm getting fed up of them not lasting. I was thinking of going for some Astro A50's but dont know much about them and worried they wont sound as good as the TB's. I was tempted with the TB elite 800 but am worried they will not last like the other TB headsets I have had. 

Have you guys had any experience with the A50's or Elite 800x? Cheers

Level 45
18 REPLIES

Re: Headsets A50's v Elite 800x

in reply to Dante2k

I had the XP400s for a long time and one day the bracket that held the right cup broke.  I ended up using JB Weld to fix and they still work to this day (Xbox 360).  When the One came out I went looking for Astros but they sounded very tinny compared to the Elite 800s and I liked not having to worry about the boom mic.  I've had the 800s since then with no issues at all and they sound great.  The mic in the headphones part is a little weak and is not as good as a boom mic.  You can also adjust the sound setup with presets that you can program with their software.  Things like footstep focus and super human hearing.  I would give them 4.2 stars out of 5.  

From what I hear the Astros have corrected whatever made them sound funny at launch and are now right on par with the TBs if not better.  I've never given them a second look so I can't speak to it.  

Teamwork is the key! Plug in your mic and communicate!
Level 35

in reply to MA_CaptAmerica
Funny you mention JB weld, I just bought some lol.
Not sure what to do now as I like the depth of sound of the TB's. Errgghh, which to go for ?
Level 45

in reply to Dante2k
I have been looking at the Sennhesier game one's as well. Help lol.
Level 45

in reply to Dante2k

Dante2k wrote:
I have been looking at the Sennhesier game one's as well. Help lol.

I've heard good things about the Sennhesier sets.  Do you have a Best Buy close where you can go test them out?  When I bought the Elite 800s I did a side by side back and forth with the Astros and at that time the 800s were better.  At this point I don't think you can go wrong with any of these sets as far as sound quality.  From general discussion the difference seems to come down to mic quality and specific functionality of the sets.

Level 35

No I haven't got anywhere to test them. Like I said I loved the sound of the X0 seven pro's which make me want to try the TB one more time but don't want to have to replace them after a year.

I own a pair of Sennheiser HD208 which are still regarded as one of the best headphones even though they came out years ago. No mic output though.
Level 45

in reply to Dante2k

The Elite 800s are sturdy enough and I think they will hold up well.  I do take good care of my stuff so I was surprised when the 400s broke.  I would but the 800s in a do over.  Again, I have to say sound wise they will all come very close.  800s mic is it's weak point.  

I thought about the Sennheisers and was thinking I'd try them if I ever need another headset.  I know this isn't helpful since I can't absolutely testify for any one as a clear winner.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Level 35

Bit the bullet and went for the Elite 800x 😁. I just love the style and sound of TB headsets so I took a chance on the durability.
They don't work on PS4 but I usually use my Sennheiser HD280 with that as I never use a mic.

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback, I get a no quibble return if I am not happy, I'm sure I will be as they are meant to be better than the X0 seven pro's, which are sticking with JB weld as I speak lol. Cheers again and I will let you know how I get on. 🖒
Level 45

in reply to Dante2k

JB Welded XP400sJB Welded XP400s

Here are my XP400s all JB Welded up.  These things have been like this for almost 2 years.  I don't use them much now since I game on the One mostly with the 800s but the JB weld does a great job!

Level 35

Unbelievably my X0 seven pro's have become stronger than original with the JB weld. What a messy job though, it took ages to actually set so I found something that would push against the ear cup and left them over night. Good ***** that stuff.

Level 45

Studios