My saga with lag

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Xbox One

My saga with lag

[ Edited ]

when I started playing COD online it was back 2013. I could barely have a 0.7 kd in Black Ops...then after some time I hardwired my internet and put the Tv in game mod. My kd rose to 1.4, but I never was able to have a consistency in the game. Half games I play are laggy..I tried openning my NAT, I bought a monitor I my kd rose 1.5...but its still lagging.  

My bullets don´t register properly, I shoot first die first all the time to the point I avoid face to face encounters. I so am obssesed with fixing this problem. I don´t know how can someone can have a 2kd rushing. Im not talking abou skill here, to this point I know  when I´m doing bad and when the match is unplayable

The only thing that I didn´t try yet was QoS and reducing the upload speed because  my modem does not support

Things that I Did

- Cabled my internet

- DMZ on and Port Fowarding * NAT open

- Playing on a Monitor

- Changed  my DNS  (not sure if this affects)

- Posted on this foruns before without sucess 

I´m really frustated I love shooters, CoD is the only one that the LAG is really a problem. I wish I could go to the house of one those youtubers or 2kd+ and ask what the secret , what I´m doing wrong and what should i do to improve

Like I said The only thing that I didn´t try was the QoS thing

Well I do accept suggestions

my net 10  down 4 up and I often get a packet loss of 3 % at midnight

Level 3
6 REPLIES

Re: My saga with lag

in reply to Fabiolinks

packet loss needs to be 0. other then that sounds like you have things dialed in, if you watch swaggxbl and other youtubers live stream they will only play in selected lobbies with scrubs. if there is any high kd players or master prestige they will back our and join a new lobby to they find one that fits what they are looking for. if you pay attention they all have beast KD but trash win loss from all the games the dashboard or back out of

IW is a bad designed game. and for this game connection rules

Follow me on Mixer: https://mixer.com/toddzillainla
Level 21

in reply to Fabiolinks

What's your ping thing on your Xbox? And no dns won't help you. Your ISP is the fastest DNS where you live unless you tested both... honestly 10/4 is kinda *****ty bro. Shared with other people? 

Level 10

in reply to Salwinning

Google's public DNS is OK to use, even from your ISP. The ISP's will be faster, but if you are having trouble with them, try these out.

The IPs are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

More info: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Putting the FU back in fun!
Level 17

in reply to nberlanga

Changing a DNS usually does not help. Trust

me if there is one person who is a research king. It's def me. I have honestly tried everything I could think of even trying to buy a private DNS....I live in Hawaii. My ping to cod servers will never get better than 70...

Level 10

in reply to Salwinning

google dns helps if you are far away from servers like you are

Follow me on Mixer: https://mixer.com/toddzillainla
Level 21

in reply to TODDzillaInLA

No it doesn't....

not at all.

your belief of this fact is totally wrong.

i don't think you understand ping/latency?

Level 10

Studios