Call of Duty Infinite Warfare General Discussions

The Buffed Karma:

So, last week we got a patch that buffed a significant number of weapons.   The Karma got 2 buffs, but it has not seen much discussion. So, I thought I would bring it to the community's attention here.  The Karma up to this point in IW has been the slightly below average smg with decent accuracy and a big magazine.  The 2 buffs it got in the last patch don't dramatically change this, but they do help to better define a role for it within the meta.  The 5 hit kill range was buffed from 20 to 24.5 meters.  This puts it more on par with the VPR, HVR and trencher.  The bigger buff was it's recoil was reduced by 11% with an emphaiss on removing the horizontal component.  This technically makes the karma more accurate than the NV4. However, with the weapon dropping off to a 6 shot kill early in midrange and having no aim assit past 32 meters. It's still not going to compete with the midrange ARs in a direct fire fight past 25 meters.   

These buffs allow the karma to offset two weapon in the games meta.  The first would be the Erad.  The karma has always had better range than the erad and this midrange damage buff extends that further. Likewise, with the decrease in recoil it is  marginally more accurate.  However, the Erad still maintains a 31 RPM fire rate advantage and the variants on offer might also infuluence your decision on which gun to use for a specific class.  The guns are more comparable now and the karma is a contender in this market. 

The main weapon I could see the Karma displacing in the game's meta is the Kbar.  If you add a rifled barrel to the Karma, your range and damage are only a meter or 2 behind the kbar.  In exchange for that you get 6 more rounds in the magazine; a more accurate weapon, a 48 RPM increase in fire rate and the SMG handling.   If you currently run an unsilenced Kbar build, you might want to try the karma with rifled barrel and similar attachments. It won't change everyone's mind, but it is a compeative alternative with some attractive features.  

darkrangeresp1
13 REPLIES

Re: The Buffed Karma:

in reply to darkrangeresp1

I should also mention, with low recoil, clean ironsights, a deep magazine and a healthy fire rate. The Karma doesn't need any attachments to compete at close range.  So, if you are looking for a good compliment weapon for a sniper, LMG or one of the ARS like the M1 or NV4.  Then the Karma makes a really great overkill option if you are willing to run dexterity as part of your kit.  

darkrangeresp1

your right about the kbar comment its a good alternative. i still prefer the kbar but thats just a comfort thing. the buffed karma is grossly good, i havent used the diemos yet but now i kind of want too lol.

precookedcow90

They buffed my favourite gun 😁.. I guess putting an elo on it would make it even better for longer range battles. I usually run iron sights and have silenced and un silenced classes for this gun.

Thanks for the info πŸ–’

Dante2k

Sounds like they buffed it too hard.
IMO it didn't even need a buff. Kinda thinking the deimos variant will be even more annoying/common now.
AlmightyStarfire

I wish you never posted this lol. I was always a fan of the Karma in general, but tended to gravitate towards other more effective weapons because they'd either have better range and/or damage, better fire rate with the same range (basically all SMGs), or simply no weird recoil pattern. The majority of the recoil on the Karma is low, but it tended to lose its mind and randomly kick up and left... and it felt like anti-aim assist stopping me from pulling back down on to target.

Buuuuut I snapped my disc and can no longer use the Karma so I'm sad to hear it's better now lol. I'm sure @Dante2k will be over the moon Smiley Very Happy

oRLs_317o Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to oRLs_317o
You snapped your disc? Lol you tool πŸ˜…
AlmightyStarfire

in reply to AlmightyStarfire
I did offer him some JB weld but he refused lol. πŸ˜†

Dante2k

in reply to AlmightyStarfire

Hexagon warrior induced rage... yeaaaah... awkward LOL

That was back in June, but I actually just bought another copy today because I'm bored with nothing to play. It only cost me Β£34.86 back in November, as opposed to the usual Β£54.99, and the one I got today cost Β£9.99 so I've still got some change left over for some beer LMAO

oRLs_317o Level 75

in reply to oRLs_317o
I might be on later tonight on the PS4. Probably playing TF2 but if you fancy a game or two on IW send me a message.
Might have an update as I haven't played it on that console for a while.
I wouldn't mind trying a different game mode as I always play tdm..

Psycho sesh with the un silenced Karma πŸ‘ŒπŸ–’
Dante2k

Studios