Update requires restart Xbox one

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Support

Update requires restart Xbox one

So I've tried and tried and now I'm starting to get mildly frustrated. Every time I try to play the game it gives me the "update requires restart" code then the game restarts. However it is an endless loop. I can't even acces multiplayer or zombies. I've restarted my router, xbox, and more. What's the problem?

bgod1542
3 REPLIES

Re: Update requires restart Xbox one

in reply to bgod1542

This has NOT happened to me but I have read other replies where you had to delete the game and reinstall it. You said you've tried clearing the cache, correct? You might have to reinstall the game to fix this.

ZvErS

in reply to ZvErS

I also have seen that as an answer but I was hoping I wouldn't have to come to that since the game and all the content is just about 80gb plus. That would take multiple hours

bgod1542
Highlighted

in reply to bgod1542

I totally get your frustration, I wouldn't want to do that either. Patches these days are huge and that's not even including the base game. 

Even though you may have tried this, my only suggestion would be to unplug your console for 10 minutes, plug it back in and see if that helped. This just clears teh cache but it has helped me personally when I've had issues. 

ZvErS

Studios