40 Bullet Penetration kills? Come on Infinity Ward!

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

40 Bullet Penetration kills? Come on Infinity Ward!

What does FMJ stand for Full Metal Jacket or F.. Me Jesus

I just want to know why you have to get 40 kills with FMJ for extended mags.. Does anyone actually get that the real way (Alright don't come in here and act like you're godly cause you have FMJ done).

But seriously.. You need 20 kills with ACOG Sight, 15 with Silencer, 20 with Noob tubes, 60 with Red Dot and 40 with FMJ. I understand why you need 60 with Red Dot, it's the attachment almost everyone uses.. But really? 40 bullet penetration kills with FMJ? That has to be the most annoying challenge to get done for the gun titles.

(Don't even flame me about this thread.. I have finished 6 guns (M4A1 twice).

But seriously.. Why did they inflate all the kills you need for FMJ?

Also did they really put any thought into the different gun challenges? It's really easy to get 20 kills with ACOG on assault rifles but for me on Snipers it's just pretty annoying considering the scope moves around so much and I'm not a godly no-scoper (you have to look down the ACOG too so even if you no-scope it won't count)

Did they really think about the different challenges on different guns? Why is every single attachment unlocked with the same amount of kills, no matter what the gun is? Don't you think it's easy to get 15 kills with a sub-machine gun? Of course it is.. They put no thought into the multiplayer did they? It seems like the just focused on Campaign and Special Ops and then threw the Multiplayer together in a week.
Level 4
42 REPLIES

Re: 40 Bullet Penetration kills? Come on Infinity Ward!

in reply to Nms9807
Extended mags are something to be earned, so why not make it harder than unlocking a Red Dot? Guns like the SCAR can be beastly with extended mags, so I think the 40 FMJ kills are fair.
Level 1

in reply to Nms9807
easiest way is to shoot people through glass as that counts, just go into buildings and kill people through glass all the time, it doesnt have to be shooting through metal or walls
Level 4

in reply to Nms9807
I don't know why they chose 40 kills. But in hardcore I can get them really fast. However the Fal is the only gun i can't get extended mags for. But unlocking the some of the snipers' attachments are so annoying. I hate using the intervention with an ACOG scope. And how in the hell am i supposed to get bullet penetration kills with a sniper. At the moment I have about 700 kills with the Intervention with only 4 bullet penetration kills. Its bullshit.
Level 2

in reply to Nms9807
All the auto's are easy to get. The best way I found is to play the third person play list. I got about 25 FMJ kills in just a few games. The hardest, for me, was the Intervention. Took me a good 50+ games...
Level 31

in reply to Nms9807
it is the most annoying challenge to finish, but also one of the most rewarding.

Ive done it for the SCAR which is awesome with extended mags, and i just finished the challenge with the ACR
Level 9

in reply to Nms9807
Yeah... I'm guessing they decided it would add more value to the callsigns you can earn. A bit lopsided but it makes earning those callsigns require some effort.
Level 6

in reply to Nms9807
Intervention was the hardest one I ever did, followed closely by the FAL. In the time it took me to complete FAL Ext Mags, I started and finished both M4 and SCAR ext mags. Intervention took twice as long as the FAL. Windows are your friend when you are trying to complete this challenge with the Intervention.
Level 29

in reply to Nms9807
I can usually get them after an hour or two.
Level 9

in reply to Nms9807

JVerns wrote:

Extended mags are something to be earned, so why not make it harder than unlocking a Red Dot? Guns like the SCAR can be beastly with extended mags, so I think the 40 FMJ kills are fair.

Extended mags is a GREAT attachment...it should be harder to get just like this guy is saying.
Level 31

Studios