Did they take away the knife time with Akimbo pistols?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Did they take away the knife time with Akimbo pistols?

I use to use Akimbo USPs and M9s a while ago (probably before the first patch) and when I used them again I noticed the knifing action is different.

It used to be as fast as a tactical knife but it seems like it's regular speed now.

Did anybody else notice this? Thanks. I just got the game again and didn't really play much between the last 2 patches.
Level 4
11 REPLIES

Re: Did they take away the knife time with Akimbo pistols?

in reply to Nms9807
Thank goodness.

You shouldn't be able to knife with Akimbo at all anyway.

Where's the other gun go? Do you just throw it on the ground like Andy Samberg?
Level 15

in reply to Nms9807
@Seele der Nacht

I didn't really complain about this or anything that deserves a dick response. It wasn't that overused like Care-Packing knifing or commando+marathon+lightweight+tactical knife.

I was just wondering because I used to love using them because you get two guns and a better knife time than you got with the regular gun.. Also you jabbed at the person like with a tactical knife instead of slicing like you do with a regular knife.

Only thing I could compare it to is Nazi Zombies where sometimes if your far back you slice and when your close you just stab.
Level 4

in reply to Nms9807
I wasn't being whatever it was you said I was that was censored, but that's an exploit if I've ever seen one, don't you think? Extra firepower and a knife time to match an attachment designed to improve knife time? That's two attachments in one without Bling, and that's crossing a few lines for me.

All I'm saying.
Level 15

in reply to Nms9807
Not really because even though it was better than a regular knife, it wasn't as fast as a tactical knife.

I don't think it should be called an exploit.. I mean if people say care packaging glitching isn't an exploit because it's in the game.. You can't really say that a sped up knife time is an exploit. Those are two different things.
Level 4

in reply to Nms9807

If both of my hands are busy holding pistols, how do I drop them and stab you faster than if I were to only have one pistol and therefore have a free hand to reach for the knife and stick you with it?

If they fixed it, wonderful. If not, have fun.
Level 15

in reply to Nms9807
Who said CP glitching wasn't an exploit? Their IQ's must be lower then their shoe size.
Level 6

in reply to Nms9807

If you're holding a little canister with your gun on your back, how do you run faster than you do without the little canister?

Exactly.
Level 4

in reply to Nms9807
I don't know about the M9s, but I know with the akimbo USPs you will do a commando-like lunge knife...
Level 5

in reply to Nms9807
Thanks Coffey. I haven't tried the USPs yet.. So maybe the M9s didn't do it in the first place. Glad someone actually came here to answer my question and not start a debate over what's fair and what's not. coughSeelecough.
Level 4

Studios