How to link to another post.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

How to link to another post.

Can anyone tell me how to link to another post (let's say the second or third post in this thread (when enough people posted here)), and how you did it, what's the rule behind it.

I've been trying to figure out the logic behind it by looking at other examples but I just can't find any similarity so I can do it myself.
Level 38
7 REPLIES

Re: How to link to another post.

in reply to annihilator90
If I'm going to do it, I go to the users profile, hit view posts and copy the link to that post.
Level 23

I thought of that for a split second but I somehow never tried it. I guess I thought of it and lost the idea immediately, thanks, that method should work.
Level 38

Copy me to link to my post

ANNIHILATOR90 wrote:

I thought of that for a split second but I somehow never tried it. I guess I thought of it and lost the idea immediately, thanks, that method should work.

Every post has a Subject as a Red Title on the top, I changed mine from Re: How to Link to another Post. To Copy me to link to my post.

Copy that and it will do a specific post link.
Level 34

If you click on the subject of a post (each post has a subject in red), usually "Re: [something]" then it'll give you the pin point reference to a post. Just copy it from the address bar and you're good to go. Just one awkward thing: when the link loads, it loads the whole page first, then fills in images, then takes you to the post - so if the forums are going slowly or the page is full of images, then people might scroll around before the browser takes them to the post.
Level 36

Ah that's how you do it, thanks a lot.

I was constantly looking at the urls, in another thread that had done this, and trying to find some kind of formula in the url so I could use the formula to work for other posts.
Level 38

Sounds like you were overcomplicating it a bit haha Smiley Tongue
Level 26

Yep. I knew you could click on the title of a post but I never realized it was a direct link to that post in particular.
Level 38

Studios