IED - Something To Think About

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Re: IED - Something To Think About

in reply to ryantherobot

Upmostcash wrote:

You must realize that guns and bullets are everywhere not just in war. IEDs are too current and are a cowardly tactic-yet effective unfortunately. You can prevent being shot much more easier than being blownup by a remote device that you can make it look like litter on the side of the road.

Do I really dont agree with you. It sounds like your saying its ok to kill somebody as long as you arent stealthy. Its still killing. Your either against ALL OF IT and not. Thats the south park approach to comedy and its the only way.
Level 9

in reply to ryantherobot
Killing someone by hiding and standing toe to toe with them are two different animals. I'm saying right now the majority of servicemen are being killed by roadside bombs, which is a terrorist tactic and only terrorist are using them. Alot of veterans play these games, most of them can get past the shooting, but seeing something that could've killed one of their buddies-like an IED-brings up too many bad memories. It's unfair fighting anyway you look at it video games or not. IED explosions are what many veterans have bad thoughts of when coming back-PTSD. Look it up. I'm saying just leave this one thing out, it's not going to ruin the game if there aren't IEDs in it.
Level 26

in reply to ryantherobot
hmm...sounds good, but i think it might be a little overused
Level 8

in reply to ryantherobot

Upmostcash wrote:

You must realize that guns and bullets are everywhere not just in war. IEDs are too current and are a cowardly tactic-yet effective unfortunately. You can prevent being shot much more easier than being blownup by a remote device that you can make it look like litter on the side of the road.

Claymore are even more cowardly as they are even more effective

One side uses m4 in real life other aks

One uses claymore one uses IEDs

Get over it, alls fair
Level 19

in reply to ryantherobot

I_BAS_I wrote:

Upmostcash wrote:

Claymore are even more cowardly as they are even more effective

One side uses m4 in real life other aks

One uses claymore one uses IEDs

Get over it, alls fair

Yeah, until a veteran snaps from PTSD and shoots a place up or kills himself. IED's aren't needed. I'll be the last one to be politically correct, but when it comes to people getting hurt in real life over a bunch of pixels, IW won't touch it.
Level 12

in reply to ryantherobot
The U.S. doesn't use claymores in IRAQ,think collateral damage. In the game you can see the claymore and its red tripwire. An IED is hidden as a piece of garbage on the side of the road. In the game I'm not going to check every piece of trash that is scattered around, so some guy can blow me up with a cheap NOKIA cellphone.

Thank you trigerhappi for understanding.
Level 26
Highlighted

in reply to ryantherobot
So it would be one giant overpowered claymore? I dont like it
Level 16

in reply to ryantherobot
I forgot to add, you can basically already make your own IED in CoD4. Slash open the window(s) of a car and drop a C4 pack in.

So it would be one giant overpowered claymore? I dont like it

It would actually be more like a giant pack of C4. Think everyone on both teams piled all their C4 onto a car then blew it up.
Level 12

in reply to ryantherobot
I have family and friends who have served both in Iraq and Afghanistan they haven't been hurt by any IEDS but quite a few people in there units have so i don't think it's something that should be in as it's too close to home for a lot of people.

Talheng
Level 7

in reply to ryantherobot
Lets consider war itself a "game". EA sports always says "if its in the game, its in the game"â„¢. I know its a very touchy subject, but it is what it is. Just make sure its stays balanced.
Level 6

Studios