Is boosting really that bad?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Highlighted

Is boosting really that bad?

Alright I know what you're thinking. No I'm not talking about boosting for 10th prestige, getting a nuke, fall camo or anything like that. I'm talking about boosting for get a certain perk..

My friend and I both boosted for Sitrep Pro one day.. Then whenever I used it I got called a booster.. Really? Just because I wanted to see what a perk did I was all of a sudden the worst player ever?

With everything that's happened on this game (Javelin glitch, private match glitch, nuke boosters, care package glitch, etc.) getting a pro perk is all of a sudden the worse thing you can do in this game?

Has anyone here actually gotten Sitrep pro in a prestige? (I'm not talking about stopping on 70, I'm talking about get 70, prestige, get 70, prestige, etc.). Do people really think boosting for Sitrep Pro or even Cold-Blooded Pro (which I didn't boost for, but get accused of boosting for) gives me an advantage?

What is your opinion on boosting for Sitrep Pro? (I only did it on my second prestige, then I prestiged and lost it since but still.)
Level 4
31 REPLIES

Re: Is boosting really that bad?

in reply to Nms9807
Yes boosting is that bad!

defeats the purpose of the game, why even buy it if your just going to cheat your way through it?

Point made!
Level 1

in reply to Nms9807
i dont see a problem with it i do it with steady aim
Level 4

in reply to Nms9807
you had to boost for steady aim? Fail of the month!
Level 12

in reply to Nms9807
Dude the way i look at it you payed your 59.99 for your game (149.99 in my case) and who cares what or how you play YOUR game. If some of these people buy your game then there opinion should matter... other than that play YOUR game the way YOU want to play it.

P.S. Public mute works wonders and you don't have to hear that talk Smiley Happy
Level 5

in reply to Nms9807

d_abes wrote:

you had to boost for steady aim? Fail of the month!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Level 5

in reply to Nms9807
Thats the thing, cheaters rarely ever see the "problem".

Problem i'm guessing is the lack of skill it takes to get it legit. Boosting for steady aim? Thats pathetic. Same with sit rep pro, "I wanted to see what it does". Well here's a quicker idea, go online and google it.
Level 7

in reply to StallionR

Yea true they have local games with bots

Level 3

in reply to Nms9807
I think boosting anything is bad/evil/immoral/unforgiveable...but I'll make an exception for SitRep Pro.

Honestly, by the time you level it up you hit prestige. Not sure why the requirements for it is so high.
Level 31

in reply to Nms9807
no i dont HAVE to boost for steady aim, but i literally only use snipers so there is no point running up to people and trying to no scope them.
Level 4

Studios