Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion

After reading the OMA/DC issue thread, I think its time we discussed the bigger over used combo, the game breaking combo that is Matharon/Lightweight/Commando.

The MLC combo is in every game without fail and there is no actual counter for it, they can be in your face in a matter of seconds and kill you.

Mainly used with any amkibo guns, mainly the shotgun's this overpowered combo has been abused sinced the game came out.

Matharon gives the users infinite run, Lightweights makes them run faster and Commando gifts the user an invincable lunge that kills instantly/

Possible counters

HBS

M-203

Shotgun (if you don't get a hitmarker first)

Sniper Rifle

Claymore (though sometimes does not work)

My suggestions to fix this problem

1. Remove Lightweight from the game

2. Move Matharon from perk 1 to perk 3

3. Make the knife equiment and when selected removed perk 3 only if suggestion 2 is not added

4. Tweek the Lunge to half distance and remove the invincabilty it has

5. Increase the power of stopping power to counter MLC

6. Add Sitrep pro's abitly to Ninja Pro to couunter Commando

Feel free to discuss, any comments not on topic will be removed
Level 68
114 REPLIES

Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
I will make a more on-topic comment later, but may I suggest that you add this video to the OP

[url:2k0o0r03]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0H9tO3NA78[/url:2k0o0r03]

It is a good example of the unfairness of this class.
Level 20

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

o0 KEV1N 0o wrote:

I will make a more on-topic comment later, but may I suggest that you add this video to the OP

[url:t2x8ig9r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0H9tO3NA78[/url:t2x8ig9r]

That video is just wow..

Moving marathon as a thrid perk would be great. plus by time they pop up on your, heart beat it's to late.

Clay more's delay don't always get the guy running into them
Level 13

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
Id say that without commando, no lunge at all, just a slash, and with it, a slight lunge, like it is without commando. Also, put leighweight and marathon in the same perk slot.
Level 21

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
i suggest commando be renamed to something else and commando pro will still give you no fall damage but create another use for it without the lunge.
Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

o0 KEV1N 0o wrote:

[url:12uvssr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0H9tO3NA78[/url:12uvssr8]

forgot about the tatical knife
Level 68

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
My all encompassing uber epic suggestion, Move Marathon to Perk 2 so it is in the same as lightweight, and move Danger Close to Perk 1 so it cannot be used in Conjunction with OMA

Were it so easy...
Level 20

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
Don't remove Lightweight, I use it skillfully on my SMG class. Plus, people can still get great scores without running fast. If you made knife equipment that removed perk 3, what use would commando be then? This is one of the topics that I don't have an easy answer for. It's easy to balance other broken things in the game like tubes. But the knife issue has no way of fixing other than removing knife lunge, yet that would make commando pointless.
Level 4

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

New and Improved NatsuTerran wrote:

Don't remove Lightweight, I use it skillfully on my SMG class. Plus, people can still get great scores without running fast. If you made knife equipment that removed perk 3, what use would commando be then? This is one of the topics that I don't have an easy answer for. It's easy to balance other broken things in the game like tubes. But the knife issue has no way of fixing other than removing knife lunge, yet that would make commando pointless.

people want the grenade launcher to remove perk one, making that useless, so why not remove perk 3 and make commando useless
Level 68

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

thebigb82 wrote:

After reading the OMA/DC issue thread, I think its time we discussed the bigger over used combo, the game breaking combo that is Matharon/Lightweight/Commando.

The MLC combo is in every game without fail and there is no actual counter for it, they can be in your face in a matter of seconds and kill you.

Mainly used with any amkibo guns, mainly the shotgun's this overpowered combo has been abused sinced the game came out.

Matharon gives the users infinite run, Lightweights makes them run faster and Commando gifts the user an invincable lunge that kills instantly/

Possible counters

HBS

M-203

Shotgun (if you don't get a hitmarker first)

Sniper Rifle

Claymore (though sometimes does not work)

My suggestions to fix this problem

1. Remove Lightweight from the game

2. Move Matharon from perk 1 to perk 3

3. Make the knife equiment and when selected removed perk 3 only if suggestion 2 is not added

4. Tweek the Lunge to half distance and remove the invincabilty it has

5. Increase the power of stopping power to counter MLC

6. Add Sitrep pro's abitly to Ninja Pro to couunter Commando

7. Turn Marathon into Extreme Conditioning like in COD4

8. Take the speed out of M/LW. It should be only 10% (or even less) faster than the normal running speed.

Feel free to discuss, any comments not on topic will be removed

Level 11

Studios