My idea to fix the knife combo *edited*

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

My idea to fix the knife combo *edited*

Since all the talk about OMA/Danger Close has demanded the removal of perk 1 for the tube like the old days on cod4 (but there was a work around Smiley Very Happy) I have come with a plan to address the knife combo perks Marthron/Lightweight/Commando

Idea #1

Lightweight is moved to perk slot one, OMA is moved to perk slot two, this will mean that both Marthron/lightweight are in the same section and OMA/Danger Close in same second

*edit* - just realised this idea would unbalance the game, so in a change, Mathron moved to perk 2 and danger close moved to perk 1, that way oma users could not abuse Scavenger

Commando is tweek that the lunge does not reach across the screen and the user is not invincable like Boris from Goldeneye

Idea #2

Knife is moved into equiment as "Combat Knife" but using it removes Perk slot 1 and perk slot 3

Idea #3

Mathron tweeked to its cod4 style where it lets you only run for longer and not infintely, lightweight removed and commando moved to perk slot 2 to replace it

Feel free to add your own ideas
Level 68
25 REPLIES

Re: My idea to fix the knife combo

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
Personally, I'm fond of

Non-commando knifing has no lunge, only the close range swipe. I've had a lot of moments where I hit the knife button out of reflex, only to watch myself lunge a ridiculous distance forward WITHOUT Comando equipped.\

Commando would add the lunge, making it equivalent to the current non-commando knifing mechanic.
Level 24

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

Guster wrote:

Personally, I'm fond of

Non-commando knifing has no lunge, only the close range swipe. I've had a lot of moments where I hit the knife button out of reflex, only to watch myself lunge a ridiculous distance forward WITHOUT Comando equipped.\

Commando would add the lunge, making it equivalent to the current non-commando knifing mechanic.

the knife animation is stupid, maybe it was intended to be a first person stabber rather than a shooter, who knows
Level 68

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
Good ideas, I like the one where the Marathon, Lightweight is both in Perk 1.

Lol. FPJ(First Person Jabber)
Level 18

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

CoDfAtHeR123 wrote:

Good ideas, I like the one where the Marathon, Lightweight is both in Perk 1.

Lol. FPJ(First Person Jabber)

thanks
Level 68

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
Good solutions. Finally, someone isn't blindly defending every aspect of this game, "If you can't counter this you must suck" et al.
Level 20
Highlighted

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

Antagonizer88 wrote:

Personally, here is what I think should happen. It would still make Knifing doable, but add back a bit of skill that it originally had in CoD4:

Marathon --> Extreme Conditioning

Marathon Pro --> Sprint Faster

Lightweight --> No Fall Damage

Lightweight Pro --> Faster Object Climbing

Commando --> Increased Melee Speed

Commando Pro --> Increased Melee Damage (yes, ALL melee would do 50 damage to start)

Now obviously, this renders the Tactical Knife pointless, so to fix that, the Tactical Knife lets you knife while shooting at the same time (extra incentive to unlock it).

IMO I just think that makes more sense than what we have going now. Infinite Sprint at fast speeds sounds like a good idea in theory, but that contributes to part of the problem.

Like your ideas, but i think lightweight should not give you no fall damage at the start of the game, I think it should be intergrated into Steady Aim, so it lets you aim faster

so like this

Lightweight - Quicker Aiming

Lightweight pro - Quicker Aiming + quicker turning or quicker firing from the hip (kinda like Double Tap)
Level 68

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
Ya, knifing should only be a very close strike. NO lunge, and commando should make the knife lunge what it is without it. (As said before)

Marathon and Lightweight should be perk 1, OMA should be perk 2, so people can't use danger close with Noobtubes (and OMA doesn't replenish explosives).
Level 20

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

Polka14 wrote:

I think normal knife should be a normal OHK knife that takes approximately 1-1.5 seconds to take out of its knife pocket and use. Commando should allow the player to use a bayonet attached to the end of some weapons that would be equal to the normal knifing in MW2. If bayonet can not be used, then the player would have a knife out like the quick knife attachment for pistols.

No extra lunge with commando;no auto-aim.

I like this idea in addition to idea #1. No more abusing grenades or knives is a good idea.
Level 8

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

Chrason wrote:

Ya, knifing should only be a very close strike. NO lunge, and commando should make the knife lunge what it is without it. (As said before)

Marathon and Lightweight should be perk 1, OMA should be perk 2, so people can't use danger close with Noobtubes (and OMA doesn't replenish explosives).

there something that would need to be added to OMA, that it removed perk 1 to stop the use of scavgner, which would epically unbalance the game
Level 68

Studios