My idea to fix the knife combo *edited*

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Re: My idea to fix the knife combo

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

there something that would need to be added to OMA, that it removed perk 1 to stop the use of scavgner, which would epically unbalance the game

Then OMA would stay at 1, but still not replenish explosives... or flahhbangs, I get spammed with those every game
Level 20

Re: My idea to fix the knife combo

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

Chrason wrote:

there something that would need to be added to OMA, that it removed perk 1 to stop the use of scavgner, which would epically unbalance the game

Then OMA would stay at 1, but still not replenish explosives... or flahhbangs, I get spammed with those every game

well this is not really about OMA, its about fixing the knifers
Level 68

Re: My idea to fix the knife combo *edited*

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
i use the MLC combo myself on my rusher class,i really like it too

i dont run around with a tact knife but i use the class to help capture points in domination, moving fast and falling through big drops

i could see fixing the melee range so its less cheap but flipping the perks will be hurting other reasonable classes
Level 6

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
Knifers aren't that big of a problem because they have to actually move to get kills and can be shoot when charging so easily, but yeah the lunge can be a little extreme some times I wouldn't mind if that got a nerf. Also moving around perks is a stupid way to fix any thing because it affects other aspects of the game. My fav example of this is people wanting to move OMA to the perk 2 slot thats a big fu to snipers who use stopping power and OMA.
Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
1). Remove the range of regular knifing

2). Give Commando the old range of regular knifing

3). Done.
Level 37

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

Elz wrote:

Knifers aren't that big of a problem because they have to actually move to get kills and can be shoot when charging so easily, but yeah the lunge can be a little extreme some times I wouldn't mind if that got a nerf. Also moving around perks is a stupid way to fix any thing because it affects other aspects of the game. My fav example of this is people wanting to move OMA to the perk 2 slot thats a big fu to snipers who use stopping power and OMA.

OMA would remain where it was, danger close would move to perk 1, because of scavenger
Level 68

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
OR...

When a player equips a Grenade Launcher, they are not allowed to use Scavenger or One Man Army.

That there should completely fix the whole Noob Tube Abusing that is occurring lately.

Marathon should be a 50% increase in sprint duration, Lightweight should be bumped back up to a 10% speed increase, and Commando should have a lunge of 5 feet with no invincibility. That does in fact mean that normal knifing would only work when one is next to an enemy (no lunge at all).

But because the Knife system would be so terribly reduced (Noob players saying "OMG I can't knife anymore!!"), many users would want to use Commando, so the other Tier 3 Perks would have to be boosted.

Steady Aim- Give all weapons sway, and make the Pro Version of Steady Aim apply to all weapons.

SitRep- The red aurora around Explosives is boosted and make the Pro Version of SitRep counter Ninja.

Last Stand- Only Handguns can be used, the duration is increased to 15 seconds, and Suicides grant Assisted Suicides.

Commando- Knife lunge is reduced to 5 feet and invincibility is no longer granted, also, the Pro Version of Commando is reduced Fall Damage.

Ninja- No change

Scrambler- The "Hot and Cold" effect of Scrambler is removed, and when a player is within 10-15 meters of a Scrambler User, they will experience a mini-EMP (Radar Jammed and Electronics Disabled).
Level 3

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
Bigb, I thought you were agains't a possible change to OMA?

Yet you seem kinda determined to get Scavanger tweeked, I just find it kinda strange.

You know, OMA and Scavanger tubing is still annoying without DC, it's just the same thing bit a bit weaker.

Seriously, they should just stop OMA and Scav from resuplying explosive rounds.

It seems the simplest solution to all of this, instead of moving all the perks around.
Level 7

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
I like your first idea the most. =D
Level 3

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

Personally, I'm fond of

Non-commando knifing has no lunge, only the close range swipe. I've had a lot of moments where I hit the knife button out of reflex, only to watch myself lunge a ridiculous distance forward WITHOUT Comando equipped.\

Commando would add the lunge, making it equivalent to the current non-commando knifing mechanic.

This,

It's not changing a great deal, but would go some way towards dealing with the problem.
Level 7

Studios