New Custom BBCode added for 'center alignment'

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

New Custom BBCode added for 'center alignment'

Hi guys,

I know this is something that has bugged a lot of us for a long time so I've added custom BBCode for 'centre/center alignment'. The code is as follows and will centre your text, including images in signatures and urls and anything else you want centred:

[center]centred text[/center][/code:3m6i42aw]

Example:

[code:3m6i42aw][center]This text is centred[/center]

[center:3m6i42aw]This text is centred[/center:3m6i42aw]

I've gone with the American spelling ("center") because, well, there's more Americans here than any other country (though the Irish are certainly giving the Yanks a run for their money Smiley Wink

Anyway, enjoy! I'm expecting a flurry of signature related changes in the near future Smiley Tongue

Edit: I've put it on the post screen, sitting to the right of "Font color", for easy access.

Edit 2: I've taken it off the post screen, for reasons stated below!

Level 36
22 REPLIES

Re: New Custom BBCode added for 'center alignment'

in reply to turambarcod
[center:1fkkulzw]YAY!!!

now,

bring

back

the

black

and

yellow

forums!!![/center:1fkkulzw]

Level 29

in reply to turambarcod
[center:26kmj979]This

Is

Quite

Cool.

Thank

You[/center:26kmj979]
Level 14

in reply to turambarcod
Awesome, that's a standard on most forums, I tried using it yesterday but it didn't work so I used white letters. It's like you're reading my mind! Smiley Very Happy
Level 22

in reply to turambarcod
Wow... a long time coming indeed!

Thanks Simon. Smiley Very Happy
Level 26

in reply to turambarcod
Why you little ... Smiley Tongue

Alas I wouldn't be so bold as to alter anything drastic. But little tweaks like this, sure. If you have any ideas that don't involve much (and have no chance to cause problems), then by all means, out with them!

Level 36

in reply to turambarcod
I think there was once an issue with the signature character limit, which we wanted raised. But IIRC that was only because we had to go to extensive measures to centre our signatures. So now that we can do it with a bit of BB code, I don't think we'll be going anywhere near that limit again.

I need to sort the links in my signature out now that there are three MW3 threads... Dick. Smiley Tongue

[edit]

Actually that one MW3 Thread link I have brings you to the general one, and within that there are links to the MP and SP threads right at the top, so I should be alright.
Level 26

in reply to turambarcod
A little feature that can change a lot, thanks for adding this Turambar. Smiley Happy

Although...

I have two remarks because I'm such a nitpicker Smiley Happy ;

1. The word "center" starts with a non-capital "c", unlike all the other words on the buttons, this is "not done".
  2. The word "colour" in "Font colour" is UK English, while "center" is US English, which could cause confusion and frustration under the users.

I'll let you go with a warning this time, but next time, grammar police won't be that nice. -.^
Level 38

in reply to turambarcod
Those are valid points Smiley Happy I couldn't actually control what the button looked like. As far as I could tell as it automatically took whatever was in the BBCode brackets (which was "
", with a lower case "c"). I've taken the button off the posting bar - it's not used often enough to have it there anyway and if you do need to use it, the functionality is there at least.

Level 36

in reply to turambarcod
You mean no more "invisible" periods to center stuff?

.…......................Awwwww....
Level 18

Studios