Official Final Fantasy XIII (all formats) Thread

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Re: Official Final Fantasy XIII (all formats) Thread

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

junglejim82-mkII wrote:

ive been waiting on this game for around 5 years now its been too much to bear. these games have never been bettered imo excluding ffx-2 that is. mw2 is the only game that ive spent more game time on than these i remember ff8 taking me something like 80 hours to finish. my dad is nearly 60 and still loves these games

FFX-2 i have that game, i chringe each time i pick it up, horrible
Level 68

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

thebigb82 wrote:

junglejim82-mkII wrote:

ive been waiting on this game for around 5 years now its been too much to bear. these games have never been bettered imo excluding ffx-2 that is. mw2 is the only game that ive spent more game time on than these i remember ff8 taking me something like 80 hours to finish. my dad is nearly 60 and still loves these games

FFX-2 i have that game, i chringe each time i pick it up, horrible

I'm honestly not sure why it gets as much flak as it does. The battle system in it was pretty fun if you ask me, but hey, whatever works for you.
Level 32

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

Mechanical wrote:

I'm honestly not sure why it gets as much flak as it does. The battle system in it was pretty fun if you ask me, but hey, whatever works for you.

the battle system is not the problem, its the fact its well girly
Level 68

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
horrible when youve waited so long for its release ive been playing fallout 3 again recently to get back into the whole patience aspect of playing rpgs. i read the japanese review for ff13 somewhere which said the whole world map and ability to explore it at will has been removed surely thats not true can anyone confirm this? one of my favourite pastimes in the ff series was searching every possible location for the hidden summons. in ff12 i only missed 2 i think and lets face it the epic end battles are alot easier when you have the top gf/aeons
Level 4

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
All I can say is that I'm glad there's finally an HD Final Fantasy. HD + Final Fantasy = infinite possibilities. Smiley Happy
Level 10

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

thebigb82 wrote:

Mechanical wrote:

I won't argue that, but the game itself was still pretty damn fun. For about 5 bucks it's still a good FF title. Just my two cents.
Level 32

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

Mechanical wrote:

thebigb82 wrote:

Mechanical wrote:

I won't argue that, but the game itself was still pretty damn fun. For about 5 bucks it's still a good FF title. Just my two cents.

I kind of wish they would have just stuck with FFX, the ending was so sad, but so nice.

I still think it's rather sad who Tidus really is though...
Level 28

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
In danger of being over hyped me thinks...
Level 26

in reply to CODfanboy2k9
bunni it's final fantasy.

i can't be over hyped. Smiley Tongue

square always pull something out of the hat to beat people.

horrible when youve waited so long for its release ive been playing fallout 3 again recently to get back into the whole patience aspect of playing rpgs. i read the japanese review for ff13 somewhere which said the whole world map and ability to explore it at will has been removed surely thats not true can anyone confirm this? one of my favourite pastimes in the ff series was searching every possible location for the hidden summons. in ff12 i only missed 2 i think and lets face it the epic end battles are alot easier when you have the top gf/aeons

yes the world map has been removed because of the particular storyline. there's also very few (if any) NPCs who you can interact with.

the storyline i think is supposed to resemble a race against time. so flying around in your airship has been taken out. Smiley Sad

it's a shame because i do love that part but if they can pull it off this could be one of the most exhilarating games ever made.

FFX-2

meh...

the only one since VII that i haven't completed.

i like the battle system now i can see it as the logical progression to FFXII's battle system.

to me now FFX-2 was a tester game for ideas going into XII.

and the dress-sphere thing was a horrible horrible addition (like some kind of ugly mutated mix of materia and the sphere grid.

the level up system they use in the one will be interesting.
Level 9

in reply to CODfanboy2k9

hip_hop_bunni wrote:

In danger of being over hyped me thinks...

erm not really, the FF series does not need hype to sell
Level 68

Studios