Quick Question on Javelin glitch

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Quick Question on Javelin glitch

I just released a Javelin glitch thread to have it patched.

Right now, my question is, is it considered a hack? Can't you get banned for doing it intentionally? If you can, I think we should tell that to the glitchers so they stop. I don't think you can get banned for doing it at all since it is a glitch not a hack, but I don't know. I really hope it gets patched Smiley Sad I wanna play the game normally......
Level 7
43 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Quick Question on Javelin glitch

in reply to SilentPhenom
You're a fucking idiot.
Level 7

in reply to SilentPhenom
Why on earth did you have to create another thread you pillock? Couldn't you just have added to your other one, or even better to the other threads started by other people? You know the ones subtley named 'Javelin Glitch' & 'Javelin Bug'!?
Level 2

in reply to SilentPhenom
"Normally" to you, would be "handicapped" to us. I'm not trying to poke fun at you, but honestly, play Cod4 for a few hours then come back to MW2 and you'll see exactly what I mean.

And no.. it's not a hack. You didn't modify the game code in any way at all.
Level 2

in reply to SilentPhenom
^^Responding above

I have CoD4. I played on those dedicated servers for TWO YEARS!! I am a CoD series fan, following since the first one. Look, I played MW2, and I have it, and I went BACK to MW1. ANd i didn't like it. It was returning to nade spams, boring weps, and abusive admins. Now admins rock, but there's a number of abusive ones. And it's hard finding a regular game. i appreciate custom mods and maps but sometimes, enough is enough, I just wanna play normally. I still prefer dedicated servers and mods, but IWnet works amazingly, period, and I love MW2.

Now to everyone else, I didn't put this in the other thread BECAUSE that one was feedback. This one is just a question. Have I become a famous troll on these boards? Labeled troll because I go against the boycott and prove MW2 is great and that Inifnity Ward still cares for us? Seriously guys, please get the maturity back....
Level 7

in reply to SilentPhenom
also @AnonymousDoesNotForgive

I'm part of the PC community too, so don't say that normally to me is handicapped to you guys. I am a TRUE PC gamer. The PC community today, is a bit....immature. The community I grew up with adapted and played when we understood the developer was not at fault. We were never handicapped, we never let small limitations get the best of us. If the game was fun and awesome, it was fun and awesome. Period, thus it was worth a buy.

You guys need to get some strength and be able to not let these tiny changes bring you down. Okay, they were big changes that will affect, but be more optomistic, and don't let tiny things like "that one out of 50 games had lag in it" get to you....and don't let hate spread to you.
Level 7

in reply to SilentPhenom
Originally posted this in your other thread about Javelin but here it is again...

@ SilentPhenom. Dude you've proved nothing in these forums. I read through them and saw a lot of posts from you in which you claim to prove one thing or another but you haven't backed up any of your arguments with a single verifiable fact. Proof requires evidence, that is to say undeniable fact. All you have presented as your proof are your opinions and they are not fact. The only thing you've proved is that you have absolutely no clue whatsoever about anything!
Level 2

in reply to SilentPhenom
@SilentPhenom : If what you say is true, and you are a true pc gamer, then you would have clearly understood the plight of the pc gamer. It's NOT IWNet that's the issue here, although it's a very large part of it.

The problem is that Activision and Infinity Ward got it in their thick little heads to mislead the PC gaming community for months saying "It'll be the way it was for multi and you'll all love it" and had hundreds of thousands of preorders secured. Then, 3 weeks before release, they quietly change everything and hadn't notified a single pre-ordered customer to let them know of the changes. Millions of people were effectively baited and switched and have every right to be pissed off.

To add insult to injury, the games code clearly shows Xbox references everywhere and translations of XBox live to say "IWNet" instead. Basically what it boils down to was this title was made with 360 in mind then transposed to a PC. Any "True PC Gamer" with even the slightest of debugging or coding skills could see this. Activision and IW said "it's not a port" ... so now, baited, switched and lied to.

The final nail in the coffin is unfortunately what a LOT of console players ignorantly pay in to. (Definition if ignorant does NOT mean stupid so don't get offended.. look it up if you don't know what it means) XBox live makes you PAY to use YOUR internet connection that you already PAY for. Basically they've turned this game into a torrent. IWNet is simply a tracker, we're all peers connected to each other. What does this mean to you and I? You are on a residential internet connection with fast download speeds but crippling upload speeds. P2P is dependent on efficient upload speeds. Basic 1.5 meg connections have a 10k/sec upload rate. That's good enough for a 1 on 1 match only.

Oh... and they inflated the price 10 dollars ... that's 20% inflation from CoD4's cost. Inflation during the worst recession in the past half century... AND they want you to pay for DLC's now even though we did with the 10-dollar price-hike.

Chances are if they keep IWNet.. it'll go to IWNet 2.0 with a monthly service fee. So now you get to PAY to use their tracker to connect to other players to use your horrid upload speed on an internet connection you already PAY for.

This is why people are jumping your shit. You should have already known all this. Any "True PC Gamer" knows this because they know the in's and out's of their system, their connection, and their community; Clearly something this company has forgotten.
Level 2

in reply to SilentPhenom
^^

very well put sir, nice job.
Level 2

in reply to SilentPhenom
@Lord_CoD

You want proof? Look at pay to play threads, they have links. YOu want more proof? Read interviews and look through the twitters. You want MORE PROOF? Learn the partnerships of publisher and developer, their roles, and who gets the profits mostly.

That is all the proof there is, the proof is everywhere, I will not babysit you guys giving you random shit. YOu guys are overexaggherating, photoshopping images, making stuff up, and pull out random statements out of no where. And you guys are absolute jerks, period. The proof is there. Look up Infinity Ward interviews in google and you'll find proof. Look up in youtube, you'll find proof. I know what I'm talking about. And you guys need to understand publisher/developer relationship.

If you really want that proof, look it up, and I guarantee you it's there. It's all there, and the proof of what I'm saying about the boycott being useless and such, is repeated multiple times. Here is more proof. Over 200,000 people signed the first petition, a large number doing multiple signings (I've read posts of people doing that which disgusted me). Now look at the second petition. 7,000 signs with multiple signings as well. Look at the amount of people roaming these boards. About a rough 2,000? 3,000? Now look at everyone loving online: 140,000+ people. Want proof for that number? Buy the game.

If you guys were mature in this boycott, THEN I'd give you evidence and proof layed out proving the boycott is unecessary, BUT you guys are immature jerks and I don't baby sit douchebaggs. The evidence is there, look it up. But of course, you will be too lazy to. And you'll come up with the excuse "I can't find anything I've been looking for hours (when you've been looking either not at all or for minutes, maybe even seconds" or the excuse "Obviously there is no evidence because you are telling me to look it up." Seriously, start looking things the other way.
Level 7

Studios