Quick Question on Javelin glitch

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Re: Quick Question on Javelin glitch

in reply to SilentPhenom
Abusing something that is unintended in most game can still get you banned. Even if it's a glitch.
Level 1

in reply to SilentPhenom
@AnonymousDoesNotForgive

It is a port. Look at Xbox to PS3 ports. Wanna know what you see? Xbox codes. It. Is. A. Port. But. A. Damn. Good. One. Worth. A. Buy.

Now, Infinity Ward is not at fault. Activision is. Activision wants pay to play in future CoD games, they control prices, and who pays for DLC. Now, I'm only explaining this once on this thread, so get it right. Publishers always receive the most amount of money and profits, always. The developers get a small cut, in which they divide among eachother. Now Inifnity Ward didn't have a reason to hate on PC. Not at all. They know PC, they made games for PC, they KNOW THE EXPERIENCE. But Activision talked of pay to play. So when you put this information together, including the fact that yes, publishers largely control developer decisions, Activision told Infinity Ward to put in matchmaking. Now what if Infinity Ward said Acitivision did this out loud? Or if they announced "it won't be as good?" Or anything like that? Acitivision would get mad and either these would happen: (1Smiley Happy Get rid of Infinity Ward, Treyarch is still around. Oh and that new third studio. (2Smiley Happy If Infinity Ward is under contract, Activision could use that contract and maybe even take money away from Infinity Ward. Now that we see this happening, this is why it was kept quiet. Because it was so Activision wouldn't do anything to them. This is the Hidden Fear propoganda technique, it seems, used against Infinity Ward. Now, Activision has the tendency to want to drain as much money as they can from a popular money making franchise. A perfect example is Guitar Hero. Look at how DEAD it is. Want to know why? Because Activision wanted the developers to do certain things to make as much money as possible. Once it died out, they needed a new host. Look at how popular Call of Duty is. Now they want to suck out as much money as they can from consoles AND PC. Don't forget, it's all for profit, and Activision is the one getting most of it laughing to the bank. Think of it in business, you got the boss and his workers. His workers work and he gets ALL THIS MONEY. But he gives his workers a cut of it. Now they get their pay. But since they are under boss's order, they have to listen to what he says. Activision making all this money gives a small cut to Infinity Ward, and since Infinity Ward works for Activision, they have to listen to Activision. NOW DO YOU GET WHY INFINITY WARD IS NOT AT FAULT?
Level 7

in reply to SilentPhenom
@KGoodOk

thank you for a proper response. I hate this stupid glitch and yes, I did use it, but only in two games. One public, one private. I honestly didn't know what the heck was happening but once after discovery on how it works and what kind of feedback to give, I stopped. It needs to get patched.

I'll spread the word that this isn't allowed so that people don't do it.
Level 7

in reply to SilentPhenom
Whoa whoa whoa there buddy.

First of all you're citing references of what IW wants you to see. Given the current situation with the Publisher/Moderator/USERBASE relationship... trust isn't their strong-suit right now.

Second... you talk of photoshopped images... yet you referenced YouTube.

YouTube... a certifiable source of truthful information... *rolls eyes*

Video's made by the same kinds of people you accuse of photoshopping.

I pose this question to you sir... are you serious? No one asked you to babysit anyone. Sure, some of the responses you're getting are a bit childish or rash, but the relevant responders are asking you to post some evidence that you found through your research; Not regurgittated artificial bravado from the source of the problem. If you can't pose relevant third-party evidence, no one here will take you seriously.

I gave you cold, hard facts.

* The game's price was inflated 20% (this is basic math)

* Home internet connections have poor upload bandwidth (go to dsl reports dot com and run a test and see what I mean)

* The developers, publishers and even the moderators are turning a deaf ear and a blind eye to the community that put them on the map in the first place. This is the equilivant of spitting in your own parent's faces.

* The system is flawed and does not work as good as the older system. This was supposed to be "new and improved" not "old and inferior" (old being a p2p system used for torrents for years which might be fine for file transfers, but absolutely useless for real-time first-person shooters where ping is critical)

* The banhammer that was supposedly dropped on 2500 people did absolutely nothing to the people who level hacked to level 10 prestige. I still see them in games. Hackers still run rampant. Every patch issued is bypassed within the hour of release.

* Every patch so far has TAKEN AWAY from the games original function, not ADDED anything.

* Robert Bowling caters to the 360 community on his Twitter constantly, yet continues to ignore the PC community. Why is he even a moderator of the PC forum if he clearly favors the 360 platform in the first place? (his Twitter is evidence enough at who he responds to)

I'll stop at lucky number 7 for obvious facts and evidence. There's no trickery involved here. There's no youtubes or photoshops involved here. This is the simple cold, hard truth about what's going on. The wool has been pulled over your eyes and you seem okay with it. You haven't even addressed International players such as the poor Australians who have to pay PER meg of bandwidth. What about the screw job they received? Why haven't YOU mentioned this at all even though YOUR experience is so great? Are you so selfish in your own instant gratification that you couldn't care less of the problems of others?

What gives you the right to try to silence the voice of the world's gamers who clearly have more issue than satisfaction with a system that works against them?

I'll ask you this one last time.. where's YOUR evidence. Don't give us what IW shows us.

You know what the saddest thing is? People here photoshop pictures as you've stated... IW and Activision basically shopped this entire Game. It's shopped to wring out the most money for the least amount of effort humanly possible, and you seem to have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

(Note : I wrote this before seeing your latest response, but I'll just add, IW IS AT FAULT as well. ALL they had to do is get on their own forum... this forum and say "Listen guys, we see what you're saying, but it's out of our hands. This was Activision's call, not ours. We see your complaints and we'll forward them through the proper channels" but they couldn't even do that. Not. one. single. person. had. enough. integrity. as. a. person. to. stand. up. and. say. this. even. once. to. their. community. )
Level 2

in reply to SilentPhenom
phenom.

A few things. The Steam forums are larger and more active than these forums, you failed to count that. People can't hate a multiplayer unless they play it....so yes you will surely see people playing...doesn't mean they are loving the experience though...

Many gamers may have a complaint but do not know how to find the forums or cannot be bothered. You overlooked that.

Random statements out of nowhere? What was offered in October by IW staff was a smooth multiplayer experience. I have yet to see that.

You continue to say people are "overexaggerherating" (<- that isn't a word), but looking around on the net we see complaints from a large number of different people about IWNet. You say you have evidence but by the way you build your post it sounds like a bluff.

On paper, the game was shipped with fewer MUCH NEEDED features than its predecessor and competitors on the market. there is clear video evidence of current IWNet failings on youtube.

The concern is not publisher/developer relationship. The concern is of a company delivering a substandard product far off the mark that was offered before release. I'm usually *very* tolerant of flawed games, but this is bad.

You appear to have the very selfish, narrow-minded mindset "because I don't have a problem, the problem doesn't exist".

It's also very ironic that you call people immature but then go on to call them douchebags.
Level 1

in reply to SilentPhenom
Even if it would be a "good" port its still a port. And ok.. I do get ur point. They wouldnt say anything that would hurt Activision.. obviously. But does that mean they can lie all over the place? They said its NOT a port, but it is a port. They said its gonna be the same experience as before just better, its way worse. They said its a full PC game, but its not supporting my both GPUs.

So thats what we are gonna have in the future? Developers and such can tell us all they want? And you wont care if thats actually true or not? great!! ur the perfect customer. Actually.

So if you are happy about the game and the experience.. well then go for it. But I dont. I did play the game for quite a while... around 50 hours or so of MP. And first I was impressed. It was fun. But after a while the "new" experience of the game is getting old and ur getting down to the problems. And there are way too many. Im not even talking about letting the hole community down (no servers, no leagues, etc etc). Im only talking about the game experience itself. What made me playing online on the PC instead on my PS3? Getting to play with quite the same guys every day. Get to know ppl from all around the world etc etc. Thats whats PC gaming all about. Dont you get that?

As I said allready before.. you are quite often talking about the "old" PC Community. Well dont you realize that most of this community wouldnt have existed without dedicated servers and everything that comes with them? So after all.. no matter how good the game itself is, and as I said it IS a good game, what makes me play it is my clan and the whole community. And that just doesnt work with IWNet and all its problems.

And dont ever even think about calling us ALL kids... that just shows me that ur a kid...
Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to SilentPhenom
To answer your question SilentPhantom: YES, you have been labeled, and thoroughly demonstrated to everyone that you are in fact a MASSIVE fuckwit troll. Your "ideas" are nothing but opinionated heresay that are completely wrong 90% of the time. This current thread is further evidence that your assanine prattling deservers 0 merit.

As if 2 threads depicting the workings of this recent DISASTER weren't enough, now you have a 3rd. I actually have a question for you: given your attempts to defend IW through either inventing facts or bending them, how does this latest breakdown affect that trivial campaign?

Now we have a new addition to our family of unwelcome relatives: exploding douchebags. As if the cheaters, lack of any customizability, horrendous multiplayer system, and frequent bugs weren't enough.

How does something like this make it into the final production product? Considering that it affects ALL of the rocket launcher weapons with the exception of the thumper. Moreover, what of the exploding main weapon bullets everyones talking about?

What an utter farce, but luckily we have SilentPhantom hard at work ensuring that no topic is left untrolled for very long.
Level 3

in reply to SilentPhenom
@AnonymousDoesNotForgive

I put such a long post and the forums logged me out when I was going to hit reply....wow. ANyways, I'll not repeat everything cuz it was freaking long but here you go:

1-I see zero evidence of yours. You just call it evidence. If you look up my info. you will find evidence. If i look up yours, I will find it is overexaggerhation or just boycotters

2-When I referenced to youtube, i referenced to developer interviews about PC

3-402 does listen to PC community equally to 360 and PS3. BUT, there are more console problems than PC believe it or not, and everything you guys are asking on these forums right now, have been answered. And you guys are acting like douchebaggs, the console people are normal. If you look at an interview on YOUTUBE with Robert Bowling, he said he dislikes douchebaggs and tends to ignore them. Yeah, stop being jerks. And 402 only releases what IW tells him...and what Acitivision tells him. Those patches, are for the benefit of the game. First week of MW2, I got lag, out of a rough, 2 out of 5 games. 1 out of 5 games had hackers. After the patches and VAC mass hack-ban hammers, I have zero lag and have yet to see a hacker. Btw, level hackers shouldn't be a bother. 1Smiley Happy It's not like an unfair advantage, just a cheap way to get to the highest rank. Their skill are still low. 2Smiley Happy the level hackers are still banned by VAC mass hack-bans.

If anything needs to be fixed, it's these forums. One being that you guys stop being jerks, and two being that when I submit a comment, I'm not logged out. Otherwise, that's it. I'm done talking to you, you're just another boycotter. Calling statements backed up with evidence when I barely see any.
Level 7

in reply to SilentPhenom
@Malecite00

90%? Sorry, 100% what I say is correct. And also, 90%? Are you sure you aren't pulling numbers out of your ass like you boycotters usually do? See a troll is one, how I've known it to be, one who goes "YOU ALL ARE WRONG!! THIS GAME ROCKS YOU ALL STINK!! NOOBS!! THIS IS THA BEST!!ASLDKJA: SLDJ!!" That is a troll. Now see, I am giving information that if you research, you'll find proof. But you guys are little kiddies and teens that are lazy.

I don't care if I'm seen as a troll on these boards. these boards have pretty much, no true PC gamer, just angry, lazy, blinded, sad little kids who TRY TO ACT SMART and who use sarcasm. Look, 2,000 people on this forum is not a big number. Want to know how many boycotters are left? About 7,000. How? Because look at the second petition and how many signed it. Now, see that large drop in numbers? Plus, a good amount of people are smart and do agree with me on these boards. In no way am I a troll, but, you guys define it otherwise. Listen, kids, please stay in school.
Level 7

in reply to SilentPhenom
@Malecite00

Btw, It's SilentPHENOM. Spelling fail on you.
Level 7

Studios