Shooting down a care package chopper?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Re: Shooting down a care package chopper?

Ninjalada wrote:

I've shot down a care package helicopter with a stinger once before, you get absolutely nothing for it, not even acknowledgement that you shot it down.

Where did the package land?
Level 1

ok unlike what some have said on here you can take down care package choppers and you can stop the drop its jus damn near impossible i done it with a stinger i was close to the drop zone i saw the chopper early and where it was flying close to my location actually heading towards me i got a lock and shot b4 it reached its destination and took it out jus as it stopped i got experience for it i cant remember if its a challenge i think it is check your barracks menu
Level 7

Blackwater1986 wrote:

ok unlike what some have said on here you can take down care package choppers and you can stop the drop its jus damn near impossible i done it with a stinger i was close to the drop zone i saw the chopper early and where it was flying close to my location actually heading towards me i got a lock and shot b4 it reached its destination and took it out jus as it stopped i got experience for it i cant remember if its a challenge i think it is check your barracks menu

Thanks
Level 1

I have before, well like I shot a stinger at it

Then the missle hit, and the care package dropped, and I got +50 for blowing up an enemy reward
Level 1
Highlighted

What Ninja said.

You can shoot them down, but it doesn't do anything. No acknowledgment of any kind. I shot it down after it dropped, though.

Maybe you can stop the delivery if you down it before it drops it's load?
Level 18

I hit one with a predator missile. No points and the care package was fine.
Level 1

I'm thinking that people are going about this all wrong. The stingers take far too long to lock on and shoot right? So maybe all ye peoples with Stopping Power Pro should be able to shoot it down fierce quickly as it flies above your team rather then getting to the drop point. Its reasonable, the heli cant have that much armor and a harrier only takes a clip (generally)to go down. Might take two people but if you end up getting a care package that your enemy worked to get (4 kills! God thats near impossible Smiley Tongue)it'd be pretty badass. Specially if it ended up one of the higher up killstreaks. It'd stick it to all the noobs that still use care packages.
Level 2

You can shoot it down, I used them to buffer my Cold Blooded Pro count. I even got Cold Blooded III by shooting one down. So they definitely count for something.
Level 9

We should be able to shoot it down since the care package is for noobs who can't get high kill streaks.
Level 1

you cand definatly shoot them down and destroy the care package done it again early got +50 you jus gotta be lucky i got killed a few times trying to take em out so its prob not worth trying but you can do it
Level 7

Studios