The Official Character Customization Discussion-- [YES] [NO]

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

The Official Character Customization Discussion-- [YES] [NO]

I just checked twitter/Infinityward and the very first question that IW asked of us was "Name one thing you'd like to see in MW2?"

And in the list of the top ranking replies, this is how many votes each idea got. Character customization was on the very top of the list

Twitter is probably the one thing that IW has been relying mostly on for Modern Warfare 2 in terms of community feedback and the thing that the community wants the most is character customization. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't add it.

Faran Is Great wrote:

Vote:

Poll: Character Customization?

· [url=http://sigpoll.com/8816/1:21xskesa]Yes[/url:21xskesa] · [url=http://sigpoll.com/8816/2:21xskesa]No[/url:21xskesa] · ([url=http://sigpoll.com/8816:21xskesa]Results[/url:21xskesa])

What I want:

1. A simple Customization system where you select a faction and then set the kit for that faction however you like.

2. Being able to select Headgear, Eyewear, Tactical vests, Pants and boots, and armor.

3. Personally being able to choose the skin color and facial hair on your character.

4. Being able to choose the camouflage for your character.

5. Custom Camo for your gun.

What I do Not want:

1. Too many options for all the categories, as this would take up valuable disk space.

2. Not being able to choose "clowny" camos like Pink, Neon Green or Purple, as this is absurd.

3. I do not want the process of customization to be a long and tedious one, it should be fast and simple and not too complex as this would ruin the pace of the game.

Overall I think that the addition of customization of characters would be a good thing, as then you prevent an entire team from looking the exact same way.

This is what the customization of the head could look like, Image taken from Ghost Recon Advanced warfighter 2.

[url=http://hdimage.org/:21xskesa][/url:21xskesa]

To People with Issues with Disc Space.

I quote AFKontroller on this because way too many disagree with character customization because of a misplaced belief that it would take up too much disc space

I mean thats what I like to see you know, being able to change little things. Possible Unlocking and choosing camo

A 360 disc has 9 GB on it. CoD4 was about 6 GB. Considering that MW2 is roughly the same size as CoD4, that's 3 GB to work with.

Challenge Rewards

Sustainability wrote:

Check out "Sustainability"s Thread on Challenge rewards. Possibilities of unlocking gear by completing specific challenges. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.infinityward.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50626">viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50626</a><!-- l -->

If IW were to implement character customization, a single item would take up only a couple of megabytes. This is absolutely nothing.

I'd Like to thank everyone for that Awesome support. You guys made it possible to get this topic this far.

As of this moment, "The Character Customization" thread is officially the number 1 most replied topic that doesn't deal with MW2's weapons.

Comment, Thanks!
Level 11
1,604 REPLIES

Re: Officially the Most wanted feature of MW2: Custom Characters

in reply to FaranIsGreat
i think the problem is how much space it would take up, i personally would love it, but idk if it's realistic
Level 3

in reply to FaranIsGreat
Personally I'm not really bothered about it much, I think that other elements of the gameplay should be improved before features such as this are added.
Level 53

in reply to FaranIsGreat
i am defintaly not a fan of it i think it would not fit in with an IW game
Level 5

in reply to FaranIsGreat
i don't really care about customizing characters...
Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to FaranIsGreat
Everyone wants it including me!!!!!
Level 11

in reply to FaranIsGreat
I don't want such deep customization that you can make the village people. But customizing your soldier into different (or unlockable) uniforms, masks, helmets, gloves, boots, and things of that sort would be pretty neat.
Level 17

in reply to FaranIsGreat
Whatever works honestly.

Either way i will be happy with or without.

Not that I'd be excited for some 12 year old kid to shout in my ear how cool his character looks.

Just gives me the advantage of free head shots while everyone admires each others clothing and what not...

Whatever floats your boat.
Level 4

in reply to FaranIsGreat
I think about all we could get is customizable facial features, not clothes. We could get some badges and maybe badass skull masks?

But I agree it probably is the #1 most wanted feature for MW2. Getting it to work should be a pain in the ass for IW.
Level 21

in reply to FaranIsGreat
Yeah character customization would be cool. like you unlock stuff to add on him when you level up
Level 19

Studios