To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198
If someone calls you a racial word or is completely vulgar in any other way, all you have to do is file a complaint. I assume the complaint system is definitely looked at from time to time and after you submit a player review and AVOID them forever, its only a matter of time before they upset another person who will do the same.

This is why I choose to mute EVERYONE except my friends. Not the best solution for when playing with people who actually communicate and help during a match, but the absolute best for avoiding the thousands of little bratty kids cursing and talking all sorts of nonsense.
Level 18

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

Ryu Shihaisha wrote:

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

People under the age of 17 ruin games.

So you're telling me that i'm the reason why people use Commando? Jk. Not all of us are immature idiots(majority of us are though).

Personally, I haven't met one kid who hasn't called me either:

A Wop

A Pepper

A N!gger

A F(u)cker

A N00b

A Hacker

A No lifer

A Try Hard

Its actually helps me in my parenting because i make sure my children don't become retards like these kids seem to be.

I know a few people (myself included) under the age of 17 that don't use that type of language or display that type of behavior. But the amount of people that do use excessive profanity at a young age is absurd.
Level 8

so, in MW2, its ok to blow people up, shoot them in the head, and slit their throats, but call someone a bad name and you get banned?

derp
Level 23

Ryu Shihaisha wrote:

I know a few people (myself included) under the age of 17 that don't use that type of language or display that type of behavior. But the amount of people that do use excessive profanity at a young age is absurd.

I remember when I was a kid and I never acted the way some of the kids online do. I'm actually happy when you can hear a parent beating a kid over the mic. That karaoke star deserved it, he didn't shut up. The only time I break out into song is when my entire party breaks out into "Don't Stop Believing" when we're losing. We actually got through the whole song and won once.
Level 18

coda19 wrote:

so, in MW2, its ok to blow people up, shoot them in the head, and slit their throats, but call someone a bad name and you get banned?

derp

its the context of the bad name that is the question, calling someone a noob or a douche is ok, calling them a racial slur is not acceptable
Level 68

dragon421skull wrote:

If someone calls you a racial word or is completely vulgar in any other way, all you have to do is file a complaint. I assume the complaint system is definitely looked at from time to time and after you submit a player review and AVOID them forever, its only a matter of time before they upset another person who will do the same.

This is why I choose to mute EVERYONE except my friends. Not the best solution for when playing with people who actually communicate and help during a match, but the absolute best for avoiding the thousands of little bratty kids cursing and talking all sorts of nonsense.

I agree with banning cheaters, hackers, modders, glitchers, and such vile creatures but reporting someone for language just seems a little petty to me. People are gonna talk the way they want to talk and there are other ways that you can avoid hearing them run their mouth. If parents are shocked that someone dropped the F bomb or N***er or any other word of choice over an online game then they obviously don't realize that their kid hears it damn near everywhere else they go like school, parks, hanging out with friends and such. Language is language and you're gonna hear it in the real world as well as online.
Level 8
Highlighted

thebigb82 wrote:

calling them a racial slur is not acceptable

Why not?
Level 28

SeanSim wrote:

thebigb82 wrote:

calling them a racial slur is not acceptable

Why not?

its against the terms of service
Level 68

thebigb82 wrote:

coda19 wrote:

derp

its the context of the bad name that is the question, calling someone a noob or a douche is ok, calling them a racial slur is not acceptable

what about "fvck face assh0le"? thats pretty offensive to me. where is the line going to be drawn?
Level 23

thebigb82 wrote:

its against the terms of service

So why are racial slurs against the TOS while calling someone a douchebag is perfectly acceptable?

Was it completely arbitrarily chosen? What if I am more offended by being called a "moron" than by being called "white trash" or whatever?
Level 28

Studios