To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

thebigb82 wrote:

 

SeanSim wrote:

 

thebigb82 wrote:

 

calling them a racial slur is not acceptable





Why not?





its against the terms of service





I understand it's your job as a Mod to inform us of the TOS and rules and such, but as a person I'm just curious if you have an opinion on the subject. Or is that something you cannot discuss due to your position as a Mod/IW employee?
Level 8
Likes: 0
Posts: 405
Registered: ‎11-11-2010

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

SeanSim wrote:

 

thebigb82 wrote:

 

its against the terms of service





So why are racial slurs against the TOS while calling someone a douchebag is perfectly acceptable?



Was it completely arbitrarily chosen? What if I am more offended by being called a "moron" than by being called "white trash" or whatever?





don't ask me, its just the way tos is written
Level 68
Likes: 0
Posts: 16458
Registered: ‎10-02-2009
Highlighted

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

slickwilly251981 wrote:

 

dragon421skull wrote:

 

If someone calls you a racial word or is completely vulgar in any other way, all you have to do is file a complaint. I assume the complaint system is definitely looked at from time to time and after you submit a player review and AVOID them forever, its only a matter of time before they upset another person who will do the same.



This is why I choose to mute EVERYONE except my friends. Not the best solution for when playing with people who actually communicate and help during a match, but the absolute best for avoiding the thousands of little bratty kids cursing and talking all sorts of nonsense.





I agree with banning cheaters, hackers, modders, glitchers, and such vile creatures but reporting someone for language just seems a little petty to me. People are gonna talk the way they want to talk and there are other ways that you can avoid hearing them run their mouth. If parents are shocked that someone dropped the F bomb or N***er or any other word of choice over an online game then they obviously don't realize that their kid hears it damn near everywhere else they go like school, parks, hanging out with friends and such. Language is language and you're gonna hear it in the real world as well as online.





One of the biggest complaints in this forum is the whiney, foul mouthed children screaming crap throughout the game.



If you condone it its only going to continue. If you discipline it when it happens, and many people do it too, then it will eventually stop. Try having a parent (who gives a damn) receive a letter from Xbox Live stating that their account has been suspended due to vulgar, obscene, hateful language....and see what happens to that kid.
Level 18
Likes: 0
Posts: 1535
Registered: ‎19-05-2010

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

dragon421skull wrote:

 

slickwilly251981 wrote:

 

dragon421skull wrote:

 

If someone calls you a racial word or is completely vulgar in any other way, all you have to do is file a complaint. I assume the complaint system is definitely looked at from time to time and after you submit a player review and AVOID them forever, its only a matter of time before they upset another person who will do the same.



This is why I choose to mute EVERYONE except my friends. Not the best solution for when playing with people who actually communicate and help during a match, but the absolute best for avoiding the thousands of little bratty kids cursing and talking all sorts of nonsense.





I agree with banning cheaters, hackers, modders, glitchers, and such vile creatures but reporting someone for language just seems a little petty to me. People are gonna talk the way they want to talk and there are other ways that you can avoid hearing them run their mouth. If parents are shocked that someone dropped the F bomb or N***er or any other word of choice over an online game then they obviously don't realize that their kid hears it damn near everywhere else they go like school, parks, hanging out with friends and such. Language is language and you're gonna hear it in the real world as well as online.





One of the biggest complaints in this forum is the whiney, foul mouthed children screaming crap throughout the game.



If you condone it its only going to continue. If you discipline it when it happens, and many people do it too, then it will eventually stop. Try having a parent (who gives a damn) receive a letter from Xbox Live stating that their account has been suspended due to vulgar, obscene, hateful language....and see what happens to that kid.





I'm not saying I condone it at all, but I am saying I feel that you shouldn't be banned for what you say and it's my personal belief that if the parents of some of these kids were being responsible in the first place that Microsoft wouldn't have to send them a letter explaining that their kid was banned for language.
Level 8
Likes: 0
Posts: 405
Registered: ‎11-11-2010

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198
I was only ever allowed to play Sonic.



Smiley Sad, that was my dad, and mums choice. I respected that.



I think it should just be common sense, to respect everyone equally. Know how to speak to people correctly etc, but who we fooling? That wont ever change.



You'll always find people who do it the other way, thats how it is.
Level 9
Likes: 0
Posts: 562
Registered: ‎27-10-2009

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

slickwilly251981 wrote:

 



^^This is the reason I don't let my 8 year old son play this game online while I'm not around. When I do let him play it once in a blue moon, the head set is in, the mic is off, the volume is all the way down on the headset and it's sitting on the couch next to me so he can't hear any of that crap.





No 8 year old should be allowed anywhere near this sort of game anyway. There are plenty of games out there that don't include graphic violence...
Level 6
Likes: 0
Posts: 307
Registered: ‎14-01-2009

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

slickwilly251981 wrote:

 



I'm not saying I condone it at all, but I am saying I feel that you shouldn't be banned for what you say and it's my personal belief that if the parents of some of these kids were being responsible in the first place that Microsoft wouldn't have to send them a letter explaining that their kid was banned for language.





Have you noticed the amount of 16-20 year olds having kids in the last 20 years (if youve lived that long)? There isnt really that much responsibility involved. You cant expect parents to be able to contain their stupid ass children because if they are yapping vulgarities online already, its apparent they have no discipline.



You SHOULD be banned for whatever it is, that is against the TOS for signing up for anything. Its a rule. If you start to bend the rules, because you tolerate the vulgarities more than others, that is where things really start to get worse.



Id curse all day if I felt like it but Id know when to respect others because I was raised the right way. I dont mind the cursing at all, but its never really someone saying the F word or S*hit. Its mostly that person cursing at you or others. Thats inappropriate and should be a cause for a ban.
Level 18
Likes: 0
Posts: 1535
Registered: ‎19-05-2010

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198
Why does every single kid get blamed for this?



I only use a mic when me and friends from school play or with some people from here. When I do use it I dont go into lobbies screaming "hey asshat go suck on my d!ck and guess what your mom I f*cked her so hard you retarded ape-sh*tting n*gger c*unt" But if someone really wants to say something like that to me I will say something far worse than the quote above.



That being said, when parents buy a kid a game thats rated M or says "Online not rated by ESRB", they should expect all of the cursing to be happening. I am entitled to freedom of speech, no matter what the TOS says, and if I wanna say "hey asshat go suck on my d!ck and guess what your mom I f*cked her so hard you retarded ape-sh*tting n*gger c*unt" on an M rated game I should be allowed to. But, on E games and certain T games I dont think some kind of system to control language being said would be a bad idea.
Level 24
Likes: 0
Posts: 2709
Registered: ‎23-05-2011

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

slickwilly251981 wrote:

 

I understand it's your job as a Mod to inform us of the TOS and rules and such, but as a person I'm just curious if you have an opinion on the subject. Or is that something you cannot discuss due to your position as a Mod/IW employee?





My opinion is Trash talking another player over the mic, by calling them a noob and stuff general linked to gameplay is fine, like "your a thermal scoping noobcake"



When it starts going to race or the country your from like "You British Wanker" that is not acceptable, that is my opinion
Level 68
Likes: 0
Posts: 16458
Registered: ‎10-02-2009

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

jr-beast1221 wrote:

 

Why does every single kid get blamed for this?



I only use a mic when me and friends from school play or with some people from here. When I do use it I dont go into lobbies screaming "hey asshat go suck on my d!ck and guess what your mom I f*cked her so hard you retarded ape-sh*tting n*gger c*unt" But if someone really wants to say something like that to me I will say something far worse than the quote above.



That being said, when parents buy a kid a game thats rated M or says "Online not rated by ESRB", they should expect all of the cursing to be happening. I am entitled to freedom of speech, no matter what the TOS says, and if I wanna say "hey asshat go suck on my d!ck and guess what your mom I f*cked her so hard you retarded ape-sh*tting n*gger c*unt" on an M rated game I should be allowed to. But, on E games and certain T games I dont think some kind of system to control language being said would be a bad idea.



Youre not old enough to buy the game on your own therefore youre not allowed to say much of anything that has merit. Your parents failed. Kids like you cant control themselves. If you cant understand in the gaming worlds TOS agreement, then that makes me think that you are going to be awful at abiding by any contracts you sign in the future.....I forsee bad credit.
Level 18
Likes: 0
Posts: 1535
Registered: ‎19-05-2010

Studios