To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198
You know, its like purchasing a concert ticket. There are certain rules that apply to enjoying a concert in an appropriate manner. You can have your fun. The ones who refuse to abide by one or any of the rules, are usually the ones I see getting thrown out, kicking an screaming....like a spoiled brat.
Level 18
Likes: 0
Posts: 1535
Registered: ‎19-05-2010

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

ToNaKa07 wrote:

 

slickwilly251981 wrote:

 



^^This is the reason I don't let my 8 year old son play this game online while I'm not around. When I do let him play it once in a blue moon, the head set is in, the mic is off, the volume is all the way down on the headset and it's sitting on the couch next to me so he can't hear any of that crap.





No 8 year old should be allowed anywhere near this sort of game anyway. There are plenty of games out there that don't include graphic violence...





Dude, when I was a kid I was watching Tom & Jerry, Looney Toons, The Simpsons, playing Mortal Kombat watching Predator, and such with plenty of violence. With that being said I raise my kids the same way my parents raised me, it was ok for me to see that stuff just as long as I understood it was only movies, shows, games and not real life. I was allowed to continue to enjoy such privilages as long as I respected their rules. And like I said, once in a blue moon will I let my son play and it's for 1 round max, other than that they have more important things to do like school work, or actually playing outdoors, and me taking them to the park and such.
Level 8
Likes: 0
Posts: 405
Registered: ‎11-11-2010

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

thebigb82 wrote:

 

slickwilly251981 wrote:

 

I understand it's your job as a Mod to inform us of the TOS and rules and such, but as a person I'm just curious if you have an opinion on the subject. Or is that something you cannot discuss due to your position as a Mod/IW employee?





My opinion is Trash talking another player over the mic, by calling them a noob and stuff general linked to gameplay is fine, like "your a thermal scoping noobcake"



When it starts going to race or the country your from like "You British Wanker" that is not acceptable, that is my opinion





Right on, I appreciate your opinion and input.
Level 8
Likes: 0
Posts: 405
Registered: ‎11-11-2010

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

 

People under the age of 17 ruin games.





You're making an unfair assumption here.



I'm 16 (17 on August) and I can assure you that I'm not half as bad as most of the older people on Xbox Live, that I've encountered. I've met plenty of grown adults who incessantly trash talk with offensive names and slurs. Sure, while generally people under 17 are less mature, there ARE some of us who have a decent level of maturity, especially when it comes to voice chat.



Yeah, sometimes I cuss on mic, when I'm angry. But hardly ever directed at people. Usually just directed at the game - like when I get commando knifed it generally pisses me off. But I'm not screaming "WOW THAT GUY IS A F***ING JEW N*****@@@@@@" into my headset.
Level 16
Likes: 0
Posts: 1183
Registered: ‎10-11-2009

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

dragon421skull wrote:

 

jr-beast1221 wrote:

 

Why does every single kid get blamed for this?



I only use a mic when me and friends from school play or with some people from here. When I do use it I dont go into lobbies screaming "hey asshat go suck on my d!ck and guess what your mom I f*cked her so hard you retarded ape-sh*tting n*gger c*unt" But if someone really wants to say something like that to me I will say something far worse than the quote above.



That being said, when parents buy a kid a game thats rated M or says "Online not rated by ESRB", they should expect all of the cursing to be happening. I am entitled to freedom of speech, no matter what the TOS says, and if I wanna say "hey asshat go suck on my d!ck and guess what your mom I f*cked her so hard you retarded ape-sh*tting n*gger c*unt" on an M rated game I should be allowed to. But, on E games and certain T games I dont think some kind of system to control language being said would be a bad idea.



Youre not old enough to buy the game on your own therefore youre not allowed to say much of anything that has merit. Your parents failed. Kids like you cant control themselves. If you cant understand in the gaming worlds TOS agreement, then that makes me think that you are going to be awful at abiding by any contracts you sign in the future.....I forsee bad credit.





Really, My parents failed? I cant control myself?



I dont see how being able to start up a lawn mowing business when I was 11 and then making it succeed when I make $2000 a summer means I cant control myself, be responsible etc. I earn first honors with a 3.6 GPA at a college prep high school, I definately cant control myself to get good grades.



And my parents know exactly what I'm playing, I dont see how that makes them a failure. A year and a half ago when I bought my PS3 and Cod 5 my parents said they dont want me cursing like in the game and having violent thoughts etc. After I bought it the first time I played my dad watched me play making sure I was mature enough for it, they definately failed doing that.



Just because some kids who play CoD get thoughts of shooting up an airport and have sh*tty parents who could care less about what there kids is doing doesnt mean that is what we are all like. Stop using a stereotype.
Level 24
Likes: 0
Posts: 2709
Registered: ‎23-05-2011
Highlighted

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

jr-beast1221 wrote:

 





Really, My parents failed? I cant control myself?



I dont see how being able to start up a lawn mowing business when I was 11 and then making it succeed when I make $2000 a summer means I cant control myself, be responsible etc. I earn first honors with a 3.6 GPA at a college prep high school, I definately cant control myself to get good grades.



And my parents know exactly what I'm playing, I dont see how that makes them a failure. A year and a half ago when I bought my PS3 and Cod 5 my parents said they dont want me cursing like in the game and having violent thoughts etc. After I bought it the first time I played my dad watched me play making sure I was mature enough for it, they definately failed doing that.





Just because some kids who play CoD get thoughts of shooting up an airport and have sh*tty parents who could care less about what there kids is doing doesnt mean that is what we are all like. Stop using a stereotype.





You said :



I am entitled to freedom of speech, no matter what the TOS says, and if I wanna say "hey asshat go suck on my d!ck and guess what your mom I f*cked her so hard you retarded ape-sh*tting n*gger c*unt" on an M rated game I should be allowed to





Now if you believe that your comment was anywhere near something a person who could control themselves would say, then buy all means I am sorry.



By your logic (about being entitled to freedom of speech) you could go up to the President and tell him that you want to phuk him up and not expect to get thrown in jail or fined......you cant take freedom of speech to that extent. We all have the right to speak freely, but there is a line and when you cross it, its no longer freedom of speech but more so just flat out dumb disrespectful language.
Level 18
Likes: 0
Posts: 1535
Registered: ‎19-05-2010

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198
parents should face consequences for buying minors games that are not rated for them.. like buying cigarettes or alcohol for minors... maybe then we can see less kids exposed to violence and immature language
Level 16
Likes: 0
Posts: 1238
Registered: ‎23-02-2010

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

dragn421skull wrote:

 



You said :



I am entitled to freedom of speech, no matter what the TOS says, and if I wanna say "hey asshat go suck on my d!ck and guess what your mom I f*cked her so hard you retarded ape-sh*tting n*gger c*unt" on an M rated game I should be allowed to





Now if you believe that your comment was anywhere near something a person who could control themselves would say, then buy all means I am sorry.



By your logic (about being entitled to freedom of speech) you could go up to the President and tell him that you want to phuk him up and not expect to get thrown in jail or fined......you cant take freedom of speech to that extent. We all have the right to speak freely, but there is a line and when you cross it, its no longer freedom of speech but more so just flat out dumb disrespectful language.





Agreed.



But I rarely cross that line. If you read in my original post I said I never curse unless I am directly cursed at by your stereotype of any person under 17.



Other than that I agree that everyone should be somewhat respectful. I personally dont care if other people curse, but yes there is a line that most people cross whenever they open their mouthes.
Level 24
Likes: 0
Posts: 2709
Registered: ‎23-05-2011

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198

vxyus626 wrote:

 

parents should face consequences for buying minors games that are not rated for them.. like buying cigarettes or alcohol for minors... maybe then we can see less kids exposed to violence and immature language





Then Youtube would have to be a pay site for adults only, 98% of all TV shows would have to be taken off the air, and kids will not be allowed to talk to anyone at school..... Life is full of crap, you just have to learn how to deal with it the best you can, teach your children right from wrong and hope that when they become adults they will be responsible citizens.
Level 8
Likes: 0
Posts: 405
Registered: ‎11-11-2010

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198
I would agree with "kid" above me. We roll with a group of 120 players. Most of us are adults that simply enjoy gaming. But about 10% of the group is represented by folks that are 15 - 18 years old. Heck, I didn't even know CFI DontStabU was a "kid" for almost a year. In addition, we have booted more then one "adult" from our group for unsportsmanlike behavior. Each person is a representative of themselves and should be treated as such. To do otherwise is foolish and in the end you are only shorting yourself.



This whole issue boils down to people having a lack of respect for one another. It runs ramapant on these forums and is even worse in the games themselves.
Level 48
Likes: 288
Posts: 8857
Registered: ‎03-08-2011

Studios