To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/racism-and-homophobia-in-gaming-hate-speech-corrodes-online-video-game-experiences/1396765">http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plug ... es/1396765</a><!-- m -->

This link is to an article that shows the gaming industry is doing what it can to prevent you from having to hear racist, sexist, homosexual referenced trash talk.

Now for my opinion.... Personally I think it's a bunch of bullsh!t. People now a days get "offended" way too easily and procede to cry about it. I don't go out and call people ni***rs or fa***ts or anything else. If I hear that crap it shows just how much of an idiot that person is and I MUTE them. I believe in the FREEDOM OF SPEECH and people have the right to say what they want, where they want, and how they want. They are responsible for their own words and actions, not anyone else. /end of my opinion & if you agree fine if you don't I could care less because you have your own opinion and it's your right.
Level 8
40 REPLIES

Re: To all of those "Sensitive & easily offended gamers"

in reply to slickwilly25198
freedom of speech does not carry over to online gaming, there is a term of service you sign before you play on pc, ps3 and 360, each one states you cannot attack another member of the online service with racial remarks, sexaul remarks etc. doing so gets you banned.
Level 68

thebigb82 wrote:

freedom of speech does not carry over to online gaming, there is a term of service you sign before you play on pc, ps3 and 360, each one states you cannot attack another member of the online service with racial remarks, sexaul remarks etc. doing so gets you banned.

While I understand the TOS and why it's there I do disagree with it to a point. There are other ways to avoid hearing people say their idiotic statements besides banning them, such as MUTE, or change your settings to being able to hear friends only, and so on. I guess I just tend to figure that parents need to take more responsibility in what their kids are doing and saying while they play MATURE online games and the adults who play just need to not be so overly sensitive when someone decides to run their mouth. But again this is just my opinion and the way I see it.
Level 8

slickwilly251981 wrote:

thebigb82 wrote:

While I understand the TOS and why it's there I do disagree with it to a point. There are other ways to avoid hearing people say their idiotic statements besides banning them, such as MUTE, or change your settings to being able to hear friends only, and so on. I guess I just tend to figure that parents need to take more responsibility in what their kids are doing and saying while they play MATURE online games and the adults who play just need to not be so overly sensitive when someone decides to run their mouth. But again this is just my opinion and the way I see it.

Yes adults should play it, the word mature means sensible, calling someone a racist name is not mature is it
Level 68

People under the age of 17 ruin games.
Level 18

thebigb82 wrote:

slickwilly251981 wrote:

thebigb82 wrote:

Yes adults should play it, the word mature means sensible, calling someone a racist name is not mature is it

No it is not and I agree with your statement 100% But while I do not agree with the limiting of what people can say in online gaming I figured there will be people out there who are happy to hear that the gaming industry is doing something to limit the abusive language that is rampant online. Lord knows there are litterally 100's of threads on here about people who don't appreciate being cussed at, so on and so on. Hence the reason I posted the link in the first place.
Level 8

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

So you're telling me that i'm the reason why people use Commando? Jk. Not all of us are immature idiots(majority of us are though).
Level 8

Ryu Shihaisha wrote:

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

So you're telling me that i'm the reason why people use Commando? Jk. Not all of us are immature idiots(majority of us are though).

Personally, I haven't met one kid who hasn't called me either:

A Wop

A Pepper

A N!gger

A F(u)cker

A N00b

A Hacker

A No lifer

A Try Hard

Its actually helps me in my parenting because i make sure my children don't become retards like these kids seem to be.
Level 18

thebigb82 wrote:

The thing is, it SHOULDN'T be in the TOS.

I could start up a whole thing about how I think that's retarded that this forum is stupid for auto-censoring my expletives, but I don't want to start this thread going towards risky content.
Level 28

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

Ryu Shihaisha wrote:

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

Personally, I haven't met one kid who hasn't called me either:

A Wop

A Pepper

A N!gger

A F(u)cker

A N00b

A Hacker

A No lifer

A Try Hard

Its actually helps me in my parenting because i make sure my children don't become retards like these kids seem to be.

^^This is the reason I don't let my 8 year old son play this game online while I'm not around. When I do let him play it once in a blue moon, the head set is in, the mic is off, the volume is all the way down on the headset and it's sitting on the couch next to me so he can't hear any of that crap.
Level 8

Studios